Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Advice on my new food lifestyle please - ommitting ultra processed foods
(02-12-2024, 10:57 AM)MissBeck Wrote: Guess what Q, I've bought myself a weighted Hula Hoop!! And it's evil! Not one of them with the balls, but a hoop that weighs 2.5 lbs, but it has nobbles on the insides on some of the sections, and they hurt!! There are reviews of it with pictures showing how they bruise people! Shocked Shocked I only tried it twice, for seconds at a time, and it's PAINFUL!

Use a regular Hula Hoop, make a small hole in it, fill it with sand, block hole.

Or...get some pipe insulation and fit it to the one with nobbles.

Have fun.

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.
(02-19-2024, 07:05 PM)Nerb Wrote: Use a regular Hula Hoop, make a small hole in it, fill it with sand, block hole.

Or...get some pipe insulation and fit it to the one with nobbles.

Have fun.

Both great ideas! Thanks! My work colleague has lent me one of those hoops that clicks around your waist, which has a ball attached! The hoop stays still, but the ball goes round. Now that is weird! Lol  I
(02-25-2024, 12:40 PM)MissBeck Wrote: Both great ideas! Thanks! My work colleague has lent me one of those hoops that clicks around your waist, which has a ball attached! The hoop stays still, but the ball goes round. Now that is weird! Lol  I

Nice! You have a "Moon" in orbit.

You are of course a stunning planet with wonderful gravity.

Do some orbits for me and go "weeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.
(02-14-2024, 11:50 AM)MissBeck Wrote: I dont know if true but I read that coffee raises our cholesterol. Even an 8 ounce glass of 2% milk has 1/3 of daily sugar for a guy.  Its tough to keep an eye on it. 

Shocked Shocked Now I'm confused all over again!! The internet has so much conflicting advice!! Luckily, I only eat rice a couple of times a month anyway, so not such a big problem, although like Sprocket, I was a basmati rice person before.

Thanks for the link! Thumbup

I'm not one for fizzy drinks anyway, so I'm good there, although I am struggling to cut the sugar in my tea and coffee. I only have 1 teaspoon, but without it, my drink sucks! And I refuse to use sweetners/saccharin.
I see potatoes are a weakness for you.

Sweet potatoes are sweet, packed with minerals and vitamins. Fairly cheap too.

Little Himalayan salt is all you need
In tune
Hey, you can delete a post for a long time here.
i am not a scientist or doctor but it is of my view that modern 'diet standards' or whatever are largely made up by american junk food and pharmaceutical companies, in collaboration with the government, to make us all obese, sick, and weak.

i have been vegetarian since i was conceived (mainly buddhist reasons but also with some consideration of the environment and my health - factory farmed meat is disgusting), but also managed to cross the threshold into obesity about two years ago. that's until i stumbled across this video one day while eating lunch:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NLESC6VaJY&t=27s]

i was planning to make a video of my own detailing my experience, but never got around to it. here's the script anyway.

my advice, dont worry too much about getting enough food, youre not gonna stress your body by missing a few calories per day or even forgoing calories for an extended period unless your fat stores are already used up. just listen to your own body and do what feels right, and keep mindful of processed foods and/or overeating.

(02-10-2024, 06:55 AM)quintessentone Wrote: Yes, oranges lately are either unripe and sour or 'mealy'. What's going on with oranges? I miss a nice juicy ripe orange.

the oranges and tangerines that grow from my parents' tree are delicious. and we have way too many, although i think theyre almost done growing for the season. if youre in LA/OC i can share.
I leave this and hope God can see my heart is pure...
Is Heaven just another door?