deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Global Warming & Respiratory Infections and Heath Care
My personal experience with annual respiratory lung infections as a result of allergic reactions to pollen.

I transferred over from the old school as I was invited by several members and Mods. I wrote some threads on my Covid-19 vaccine jab in September 2021 that I felt like I was going to die. I was later to find out by my PHD Professor brother that feeling ill was a great thing as it meant that my immune system was in great shape, functional and protecting me.

That sounds weird doesn’t it but after he explained I get it. He said that older people typically don’t react to the jab because their immune systems are shot as a result of age. That many of these will receive a jab that actually provides NO protection for them. It’s not a conspiracy it’s just that it would be cost prohibitive as to determine just who has a functional immune system.

I am sort of off topic as this is about my respiratory issues which arise annually as a result of increased pollen. That IMO seems to coincide with a warmer environment. This year in 2024 my lungs are infected so I thought that I would just get a 10 day sleeve of whatever’s from my doctor and that would fix me up as in years past. Nope, not this year.

I just returned from the doctor and he had me get a jab in the arse. The vial was the size of a crayon. That’s a first time ever for me. In addition to that needle a sleeve of [5] antibiotic pills @ a cost of $2 each and a new inhaler. The inhaler is called Dulera. My cost is $137.91. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!! So I looked it up to buy with various coupons. With a coupon it averages around $356 as in wow.

So what the deal? Cost, and I can’t breathe at night and my lungs sound like a harmonica. They make so much noise I wake up at 1:00am. So for the last 7 days I have averaged 3 hours of sleep a day. No, I can’t take a nap as once I am up I am up. I am also a useless adult as I am beat. So do nothing and what? Eventually succumb to an infection and die? No, that happened last year when I was bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider? The sleeves of antibiotics was so strong it blew out my immune system which is now below the low end of normal so I am now at risk.

In my opinion the world is getting warmer. I don’t care to argue about it but it is in my opinion as I live in it. So do you. We are in South Carolina. Maps of the state from the early 1800's delineate that the lowlands are "sickly". It went on to state that many in the summer months die from respiratory ailments. It’s spelled out right on the map from over 200 years ago. The lowlands are the coastal lands along the Atlantic Ocean and go inland about 100 miles.

I live in the Midlands, the center of the state near the capital, Columbia.

I worked my entire life for publically traded corporations and my earning were documented on a W2. In brief there wasn’t much I could do to game or cheat the tax system in the USA. I did my part, paid my taxes and worked.

Now I pay into a system which I feel is fair to me from a health care perspective. However that’s my perspective as I read many stories of others in that same system who say otherwise.

I don’t know so what say you?
Gave my 76 year old father this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluticasone/salmeterol

for espatory issues nd it worked to the point he doesnt need to use it every ay...

Not sure how available it is where you are but like give it a go if you can.
I was not here.
(04-03-2024, 06:18 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: Gave my 76 year old father this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluticasone/salmeterol

for espatory issues nd it worked to the point he doesnt need to use it every ay...

Not sure how available it is where you are but like give it a go if you can.

Thanks yes I already have a script of the above and its so so effective and cant stop what I have. I was on Flonase at $47 a refill. BUT.............. it worked then they stopped making it.
(04-03-2024, 06:54 AM)Waterglass Wrote: Thanks yes I already have a script of the above and its so so effective and cant stop what I have. I was on Flonase at $47 a refill. BUT.............. it worked then they stopped making it.

The pandemic made a lot of meds unavailable, its a shitshow for everyone but the drug companies.
I was not here.
I would take natural anti-histamines and natural mast cell stabilisers to calm the reaction. Liposomal quercetin , pygnogenol , liposomal vitamin C .

Mast cells get activated when there is something that causes allergic reaction, by releasing histamine etc...so liposomal quercetin/pygnogenol stabilizes mast cells, those 2 are also anti-histamines too .

I use this brand : Natural Factors, Quercetin LipoMicel Matrix
Eating local Honey is a great way to build immunity to pollen allergies from local crops and garden flowers etc.

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.
(04-03-2024, 06:58 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: The pandemic made a lot of meds unavailable, its a shitshow for everyone but the drug companies.

Yes, the mother of all shit shows. Things are getting worse as I git my annual respiratory infection in 2024. However this time they had to give me a needle in my ass, a five day script of heavy meds and an Inhailer that costs me $139 with health insurance. If I didnt have Health Insurance it would be around $365. 

So, a global die off?

(04-03-2024, 05:41 PM)Nerb Wrote: Eating local Honey is a great way to build immunity to pollen allergies from local crops and garden flowers etc.

Thanks but that wont work for me as I am allergic to of all things, mold, grass, pine trees and kitty cats. Jeesch
Some people move to the desert.

When I goto the Philippines my allergies and problems go away.

I come back and it’s right back to fall/spring allergies with constant migraines.
(04-03-2024, 07:45 AM)Kenzo Wrote: I would take natural anti-histamines and natural mast cell stabilisers to calm the reaction. Liposomal quercetin , pygnogenol , liposomal vitamin C .

Mast cells get activated when there is something that causes allergic reaction, by releasing histamine etc...so liposomal quercetin/pygnogenol stabilizes mast cells, those 2 are also anti-histamines too .

I use this brand : Natural Factors, Quercetin LipoMicel Matrix

Interesting as I did not know there was such a thing as Liposomal quercetin.
Thanks.
(04-09-2024, 06:21 PM)Nikita Wrote: Interesting as I did not know there was such a thing as Liposomal quercetin.
Thanks.

Thats a new one for me too: From the web:

"What is quercetin liposomal good for?

Quercetin may help protect against heart disease and cancer. Quercetin can also help stabilize the cells that release histamine in the body and thereby have an anti-inflammatory and antihistamine effect."