deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
The lottery i think it sucks to win
I agree that mostly lower income people play the lottery regularly. My parents bought lottery tickets all the time. One time they won $500, but by that point had probably spent 10 times that in lottery tickets that didn't pan out. 

I'm kind of bored with gambling anyway. The lottery is gambling. It's a game of chance, just like slots or blackjack. I will occasionally buy some tickets if the Megabucks or Powerball goes past a billion dollars. Otherwise, I'm not interested.
(12-03-2023, 06:45 AM)music is magic Wrote: I think the lottery is rigged. What do you guys think?

Not rigged, but cheap entertainment.

Tongue
It's the reason I have never chosen "quik picks".  Yeah, sure, give me the numbers that have been predetermined to lose.  

I really don't know.  I would hate to learn that any lottery in any state or country was fixed, but I feel confident that I could handle and assimilate the information if it were proved to be true.   

The "numbers" are the most basic of human gambling endeavors.   Perhaps even earlier than dice.  Gambling must be kept pure.   The odds are always against the player, at least in professional gambling establishments, but they should never, ever NEVER be fixed.   That would be cause for REVOLT.
(04-03-2024, 08:43 PM)argentus Wrote: The "numbers" are the most basic of human gambling endeavors.   Perhaps even earlier than dice.  Gambling must be kept pure. 

Fighting would be No.1 me thinks and you can't get purer than that. Boxing would be the evolution today.

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.
(04-03-2024, 08:46 PM)Nerb Wrote: Fighting would be No.1 me thinks and you can't get purer than that. Boxing would be the evolution today.
 You might be right.   I wrote a story once in which humanity had reached its zenith, and was now devolving.   

Don't misunderstand....... I enjoy watching MMA.   It is art in motion.   So is boxing.  So is dance.    We might have peaked out, and nothing left but the mopping up of the floor.   I hope not, but I'd rather that than us irradiating the Earth.