Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Starlink anyone got it ?
(04-22-2024, 07:07 AM)Kenzo Wrote: My internet setup is with 4G , i buyed 250FT  ( about 76 meter ) direct burial ethernet cable which now is in-ground . The 4G antenna is in mast about 8-9 meter high . Usually have 80-90 mbps download speed . The 4G antenna is about 65 meter from house ...this way i wont the get the radiation , which would be very high if had the antenna in house. The distance to cell tower is about 4.9 kilometers .....runs good / cant complain .

Just to give an alternative .....ol 4G can still work . I dont have 5G here , it would give even greater speed i think , thought 5G is also more radiation, so i prefer 4G more .

I do not know can you use long CAT6 ethernet with starlink . If can , you could set the starling antenna up to 100 meter from house , maybe even longer ....to maybe find spot where trees wont block the starlink antenna . But it have to be outdoor direct burial CAT5/6   cable to survive weather .

If I was young I'd certainly worry more about radiation or whatever the lazers will be doing to us, but since I'm old now I'm just going with the flow. Also our previous 4G in a rural setting just did not cut it and being surrounded by trees with no clearing except our pond, but the pond is 14 acres to the back of the property and the ground being mostly pebbles and rocks, digging any great length or depth will be problematic if not impossible.

I think what you are doing is smart to protect your health. Keep well.
"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music." Anonymous

Plato's Chariot Allegory