deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On Losing Weight and Diet Pills.
My Darlin' and me tried Keto, and it worked!     Then, months went by, and the weight returned.   We saw and monitored it coming back, so I don't want to imply that life impose the weight upon us.  We both consider all that happens to us, or has ever happened to us, to be our responsibility.  

That was four years ago.   While we were both under a fair degree of stress, we elected to try a self-created program of Stress minimalization, Living our best lives, Easy and healthy eating, Physical activity wherever possible, Cutting down on sugars and processed foods, Obsessing about sleep quality, Loving, always.   Our mantra, SLEPCOL.     We are both in our mid-60's.   The acronym above was just a thing we played with.    

Sleep matters a hell of a lot.   If your sleep quality is bad, that will reflect in your general health.   What does this have to do with weight loss?   It's the whole system that is involved.   I'm not trying to say this is THE WAY.   This is what has worked for us.   

We both started meditating.   We do it together, side by side, looking at the sea.   Initially, it seemed like a waste of time, and we now both see it as time well spent.   After that we stretch a bit.   I do some Tai Chi motions after that; my Darlin' doesn't care about that.   Yet.  

We feel very blessed to live in the Caribbean.   Life isn't easy here, but then nobody is shooting at us.  Anything can kill you, and without warning.   I think it is important for people to consider that.    Young people especially, think that nothing can hurt them, and they have plenty of time.   I was like that once.  You don't have all the time you think.   It can end in an instant, unplanned.    Live your best life right now, as though you only have a year left.   Feel it and love your life.  

I used to walk six miles twice a week.   Then I got injured, and couldn't do it.   My shame was not pushing for that six miles again.   If you stop doing something, you give up the ability to do it.   Read that again, because it is important.   So now, we are in the place where we seek every opportunity to use our bodies.  We always park far away from where we are going.   We walk.  We swim.  Good Lord, the waters are there for us to use and to fish and swim in.   Please use them.  

We have started eating completely healthy.   Not to say we never have commercial pizza.  Nope.  Love it.   We chose avocado oil over canola oil.   I make coconut oil, and we eat it every day as a tonic.  We mostly wait until we are old to begin taking care of ourselves, because we feel that what we feel will go on forever.   It won't.   Start doing the right thing for yourselves right now.  

I was once 290 lbs.  Now sitting comfortably at 252, and continually declining.   Same goes for my Darlin'.  My weight in college football was 235.   That seems like a lofty, but attainable goal.   

The bottom line?   Weight loss is in the head, and the heart.   You have to decide what you want, and feel it, and choose your life.   Eat less carbs.   Eat less processed foods and sugars.   Move more.  Live your best life.   Feel good and wake up with joy.   

If you want to wake up with joy, you should probably avoid the "news".   It's not really news anymore, it's an editorial.   They will show you something and then tell you what you just saw, as though you are just that stupid that you don't know.   

I blow my nose with one finger at the "news".
(12-16-2023, 03:57 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Heading for an online source for those now.
Thanks!

Yep, i forget to mention it`s good to keep pauses with Sulbutiamine like maybe 2-3 days after 4-6 days use . Litle pauses are ok ,specially if happen to have benfotiamine which can be used everyday.

Japanise had trouble to cure Beriberi ( B1 deiciency ) with the normal vitamin B1 , so they created the fat soluble Sulbutiamine which works much better.

Quote:In Japan, it was found that insufficient thiamine led to a central nervous system disorder called Beriberi. But supplementing with thiamine alone didn’t help because of its poor bioavailability. A lot of thiamine was needed to cure Beriberi symptoms.

So Japanese scientists created a derivative of Vitamin B1 called Sulbutiamine in an attempt to quell the health crisis within the Japanese population.

Sulbutiamine is far more bioavailable than standard thiamine. It is fat-soluble (thiamine is water-soluble) which helps it more easily cross the blood-brain barrier.

Quote:Japanese researchers were the first to determine that something was missing in the diet of those who ate only polished rice.
Polished rice is one of the first “processed foods”. And of course there were problems right from the start. The bran coating on rice kernels contained what was later identified as thiamine (Vitamin B1).
The Japanese population were severely thiamine-deficient from this rice-only diet. Large numbers of the population were suffering from Beriberi. A central nervous system disorder caused by a lack of thiamine.
Once scientists determined it was thiamine that was behind a major, country-wide health crisis, they went on to develop Sulbutiamine. It was better absorbed by the brain than standard thiamine.
Your body does not produce thiamine on its own. So you must get it from food including beef, brewer’s yeast, legumes (beans, lentils), milk, nuts, oats, oranges, pork, rice, seeds, wheat, whole-grain cereals, and yeast.
But thiamine has poor bioavailability when taken as a nootropic supplement. A derivative of thiamine called Sulbutiamine is a fat-soluble compound that is easily digested. And readily crosses the blood-brain barrier.

Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)

As a extra bonus, thiamine treats lead poisoning,  i dont know how much thought.
(12-16-2023, 05:32 PM)argentus Wrote: My Darlin' and me tried Keto, and it worked!     Then, months went by, and the weight returned.   We saw and monitored it coming back, so I don't want to imply that life impose the weight upon us.  We both consider all that happens to us, or has ever happened to us, to be our responsibility.  

That was four years ago.   While we were both under a fair degree of stress, we elected to try a self-created program of Stress minimalization, Living our best lives, Easy and healthy eating, Physical activity wherever possible, Cutting down on sugars and processed foods, Obsessing about sleep quality, Loving, always.   Our mantra, SLEPCOL.     We are both in our mid-60's.   The acronym above was just a thing we played with.    

Sleep matters a hell of a lot.   If your sleep quality is bad, that will reflect in your general health.   What does this have to do with weight loss?   It's the whole system that is involved.   I'm not trying to say this is THE WAY.   This is what has worked for us.   

We both started meditating.   We do it together, side by side, looking at the sea.   Initially, it seemed like a waste of time, and we now both see it as time well spent.   After that we stretch a bit.   I do some Tai Chi motions after that; my Darlin' doesn't care about that.   Yet.  

We feel very blessed to live in the Caribbean.   Life isn't easy here, but then nobody is shooting at us.  Anything can kill you, and without warning.   I think it is important for people to consider that.    Young people especially, think that nothing can hurt them, and they have plenty of time.   I was like that once.  You don't have all the time you think.   It can end in an instant, unplanned.    Live your best life right now, as though you only have a year left.   Feel it and love your life.  

I used to walk six miles twice a week.   Then I got injured, and couldn't do it.   My shame was not pushing for that six miles again.   If you stop doing something, you give up the ability to do it.   Read that again, because it is important.   So now, we are in the place where we seek every opportunity to use our bodies.  We always park far away from where we are going.   We walk.  We swim.  Good Lord, the waters are there for us to use and to fish and swim in.   Please use them.  

We have started eating completely healthy.   Not to say we never have commercial pizza.  Nope.  Love it.   We chose avocado oil over canola oil.   I make coconut oil, and we eat it every day as a tonic.  We mostly wait until we are old to begin taking care of ourselves, because we feel that what we feel will go on forever.   It won't.   Start doing the right thing for yourselves right now.  

I was once 290 lbs.  Now sitting comfortably at 252, and continually declining.   Same goes for my Darlin'.  My weight in college football was 235.   That seems like a lofty, but attainable goal.   

The bottom line?   Weight loss is in the head, and the heart.   You have to decide what you want, and feel it, and choose your life.   Eat less carbs.   Eat less processed foods and sugars.   Move more.  Live your best life.   Feel good and wake up with joy.   

If you want to wake up with joy, you should probably avoid the "news".   It's not really news anymore, it's an editorial.   They will show you something and then tell you what you just saw, as though you are just that stupid that you don't know.   

I blow my nose with one finger at the "news".

Stress was my issue when it came to weight loss too.

Keto worked really well in the past for me but the thing that really shed weight was stress management. I can't claim to know the chemistry well but there's a link between cortisol and cholesterol and if those are elevated losing weight is going to be more difficult. I lost 2-3 stone when I was focusing on stress.

Before all that I had high cholesterol, diet wasn't working and it got to the point Dr's threw chemicals at it which managed things slightly but I was still stressed and wasn't losing weight, what really worked was the likes of meditation and working on feeling comfortable.

I'm naturally stressed when I haven't had much sleep so that ties into things too, a good sleep has a lot of other benefits too, what I'd add to that is don't eat too late either. 

I've always preferred eating larger meals, sometimes only eating once a day. I found actually having a diet and eating more often helped too. We're all different though but I would definitely ask people to consider stress when they're wanting to lose weight. It's the one thing I never accounted for with myself in the past.
It's also portion size, eating after 7 pm etc. Both things  Id always do. 15-20 wings with fries and a couple of beers watching late-night sports. Your body can handle that easier at 29 than 59. Now I grill or bake 4-5 chicken tenderloins with Carolina Reaper buffalo sauce, which takes care of my wing fixation LOL and sinus congestion too. That's my cheat LOL and no beer, no fries I forgot that aspect I rarely drink at all anymore. 

Holidays I used to put on weight I've been able to hold steady the past 2 years 

I do miss a good beer or shot occasionally though...
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
I started a program October, 2022. I have lost more than I ever dreamed I would and its still coming off. Cut out the carbs, plain and simple. Don't blame fat for what sugar does to your body. Enjoy that steak, cheese, even fried foods. Just no carbs. I stopped eating heavily processed foods also. That made a huge difference in my overall wellbeing. Portion control is never a bad idea but its not the most important thing.

Oh, and I did this all without exercise. My back problems and two knees well past the time they both should have been replaced have left me with a fairly sedentary lifestyle. I think most people find that their body wants to be healthy, it just won't force you to enable it. I have dropped about 1/3 of my body weight since I started. At 62 I haven't felt this good in a long long time.

Its never too late to do something good for yourself.
(12-21-2023, 09:46 PM)vroomfondel Wrote: Its never too late to do something good for yourself.

Amen to that!!!!