deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On Losing Weight and Diet Pills.
(12-14-2023, 04:35 AM)putnam6 Wrote:  It was intermittent fasting, you just have to find your sweet spot, fast 36-48 hours every 7 days. Its why the caveman diet is BS, no doubt they would go hungry days at a time. Then eat a full but sensible meal at the same hour every day worked for me once a day only . Went from 370 to 270 in 9 months with no exercising, and all of a sudden A1C is clear no HBP. I was 57 years old and had been obese for at least 5 years now it comes off slower but still moving in the right direction. After a few weeks, I can do fine on a small bowl of food and water or tea for a whole day. 
Wow, amazing.  Kudos to you, putnam for sticking it out, losing all that weight and getting those wonderful health improvements. Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
(12-15-2023, 12:18 AM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: I tried LC back right around when Atkins slipped and fell and died.
It sorta worked until the carbs were craved again.

Fast forward to 2020 and Intermittent Fasting.  I am here to tell you it worked for me.  I think it was 20-25 pounds that has stayed off for several years now.  Biggest drawback is carb cravings still now and then.

Yeeh i never been so excited about Atkins diet ... Intermittent Fasting  is better .

Lately been eating badly , because been extra stresfull time and it`s then allways hard to push healthy diet....now things have settled so planning to start Intermittent Fasting  soon.

Seems like one key nutrient that is highly related to obesity, insulin ,energy ,  carb cravings is vitamin B1 aka Thiamine .

Without enough thiamin in your body to convert glucose, your cells won’t have enough energy to function properly. Your brain will likely push you to eat more sugar even though you already have enough glucose in store.

Vitamin B1 is necessary for the breakdown of carbohydrates. This process is known as carbohydrate catabolism.

So the more carbohydrates that you consume, the more your body needs vitamin B1 for the metabolism of carbs.

When you’re eating a large number of carbs, your vitamin B1 intake often can’t keep up.

Benfotiamine/Thiamine! Why is it so Important For Diabetics to Take?

Thiamine in insulin resistance

Chromium also important .
(12-15-2023, 12:21 AM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Wow, amazing.  Kudos to you, putnam for sticking it out, losing all that weight and getting those wonderful health improvements. Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

One thing for me I enjoyed eating my whole life and was relatively active and kept it under control till I hit 50. I won't ever discount my mental health and outlook again, the stress and depression just snowballed one thing after another. My job, my relationships, my Dad's health, and passing, next thing you know I'd put on so much weight. Gallbladder attacks the surgery to have it removed then Meneires and the vertigo and headaches all in a 3-4 year span. 

Then here comes COVID, which wiped out our family business, concerned now for my mom's health, but it was thinking about the people that I would hurt if I continued, my daughters and the rest of my family. Finally, the same Doctor I complained about on putting me Ozempic, didn't stop trying to find ways to help me, she kept mentioning stuff to try for Meneires and BP . I still take the ox bile salts magnesium, zinc and B12 because she insisted it might help and a couple of people on ATS mentioned black seed oil, turmeric, taurine, and bergamot for my Meneires disease and vertigo and migraines. a lot of stuff in a relatively short period of time. 

Ironically COVID helped end the cycle though, I never got it but we almost lost my BIL, it just made me realize that eventuality and I only have X number of years remaining, and I still got shit I want to do. Now it's a salvage job, and it is something I can manage I really want to get out and travel again, used to love traveling for work and seeing the country. Now do that for  5-6 years, and all I need is to find a place to hang my hat that's between where my daughters live so I can see them occasionally preferably in the country or the mountains. There's no doubt I missed the open road you can't take away something you did for 30 years and expect it not to affect you. Feels good to have a plan again

Thanks for listening DTOM, apologize for the ramble
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(12-15-2023, 01:58 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Yeeh i never been so excited about Atkins diet ... Intermittent Fasting  is better .

Lately been eating badly , because been extra stresfull time and it`s then allways hard to push healthy diet....now things have settled so planning to start Intermittent Fasting  soon.

Seems like one key nutrient that is highly related to obesity, insulin ,energy ,  carb cravings is vitamin B1 aka Thiamine 
Thanks for the thiamine mini-lesson!

I don't always suppl for B vitamins....I will look into that ASAP! Beer Beer Beer
(12-15-2023, 03:58 AM)putnam6 Wrote: One thing for me I enjoyed eating my whole life and was relatively active and kept it under control till I hit 50. I won't ever discount my mental health and outlook again, .... all in a 3-4 year span. 

[...]
Thanks for listening DTOM, apologize for the ramble

Long quotes make me crazy.
You said a lot there, putnam.
Food for thought.
The Serenity Prayer is something for everyone in this Brave New World.
My life has taken a road I never thought we'd travel.  Still trying to come to grips with the stress of it all.

Stary strong, my friend

And thankfully we now have a stress-free place to meet and talk.
(12-15-2023, 04:34 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Long quotes make me crazy.
You said a lot there, putnam.
Food for thought.
The Serenity Prayer is something for everyone in this Brave New World.
My life has taken a road I never thought we'd travel.  Still trying to come to grips with the stress of it all.

Stary strong, my friend

And thankfully we now have a stress-free place to meet and talk.

Yes ma'am I agree

LOL, I was lying down on the couch as I typed it.

Do I pay at the reception desk or will I get an invoice? 

hold on I got the perfect thing for this, I should have given myself a preemptive

[Image: ph62ec92ed.png]

Ats2485_banana
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(12-15-2023, 04:29 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Thanks for the thiamine mini-lesson!

I don't always suppl for B vitamins....I will look into that ASAP! Beer Beer Beer

It look`s like Benfotiamine and Sulbutiamine  are far better forms to get B1 really up....the normal B1 is on water soluble and also leave body too soon sometimes anyway.

Sulbutiamine also can easely enter brain, which is nice feature , brain uses a lot energy so optimizing the B1 there .

I used both those,  going to buy stronger Sulbutiamine thought .
(12-16-2023, 03:56 AM)Kenzo Wrote: It look`s like Benfotiamine and Sulbutiamine  are far better forms to get B1 really up....the normal B1 is on water soluble and also leave body too soon sometimes anyway.

Sulbutiamine also can easely enter brain, which is nice feature , brain uses a lot energy so optimizing the B1 there .

I used both those,  going to buy stronger Sulbutiamine thought .

Heading for an online source for those now.
Thanks!
(12-15-2023, 05:36 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Do I pay at the reception desk or will I get an invoice? 

Ats2485_banana

No charge  Ats2508_cheers
(12-14-2023, 12:07 AM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Diets do not work.  Neither do diet pills.  Same goes for all those food plans.
Not unless you make changes to the way you eat after you get to goal weight.

Several years ago, when I found out I was diabetic, I decided to lose weight, so after some Internet searches I decided to just adjust the way I was eating.

I didn't stop eating any thing, added more vegetables to my diet, started eating in the middle of the morning and the afternoon (instead of eating a big lunch that could feed me for all those hours until dinner) and started eating soup a couple of hours after dinner.

I also started walking at least for 20 minutes after work.

I lost around 30 Kg in 6 months and a total of around 50 in 18 months or so.

Years after and thanks to the CoViD-19 lockdowns I gained some of that and I haven't bothered to lose it again. :)