Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Middle Temple - Illuminati Law Society?
(03-06-2024, 01:02 PM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: We can improve our homes without forcing others. You know the maxim "your rights end where mine begin".

You may want to reconsider the idea.  The assumption is that your neighbor is going to be similar to you and not someone who'll play very loud music very loudly at all hours, will throw trash in their backyard (which blows into yours and all around the neighborhood), will keep ten dogs in the back yard (and not clean up poop), doesn't maintain their sewage tank (which overflows frequently), has leaking pipes that cause a lot of standing water and breeds mosquitoes... these are a few of the examples I have personally encountered with neighbors in my many years of living here in Texas.

I submit that the rights of the neighborhood override the rights of the homeowner.  I don't want horrible smells, possible disease, noise that keeps me and others from sleeping, etc. as a part of the place where I live.  Their rights do not supersede the rights of the rest of us.
Quote:So bad example with emissions laws, but Perth looks like that every second summer because bushfires, but no, lets screw people who drive and impose that on the states you mention with clean air.

And I was thinking more Cali banning petrol lawn mowers while doing nothing about industrial emissions. Yeah, lets target the least emissions devices, and ignore the industry that has more shit put in the sky than your leafblower.

But yeah that pic you posted is a joke compared to bushfire season here. Driving a Prius wont stop that, actual e nuanced enviro policy will.

I'm not sure what you're reading, but you might like to look at the emissions results from using a gas-powered leaf blower.  https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38004...equipment/

Newer equipment is quieter, more efficient, and cleaner.  I personally like things that are quieter, more efficient (and thus cost less) and cleaner... how about you?