deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Anyone Here Taking Preparations in Case of US Civil War?
(02-03-2024, 07:56 AM)Waterglass Wrote: I currently live in a MAGA neighborhood. One lawyer next door has a 30' Trump banner 24 / 7 in his back yard since 2016. All I know is that we hear barking dogs 24 / 7 at 3:00AM almost daily from an adjacent neighborhood and hunting guns being shot in residential neighborhoods. So what does the HOA do? 

In South Carolina "swinging" is in and I am not referring to music. 

These are white collar supremacist trash. 

I dont like MAGA either along with the made in China  Trump 2024 hats

Do they have NATO airstrikes sent without US nod to this. Look into the breakup of Yugoslavia, NATO decided that.
I was not here.
I am more worried about the threat of a world war - it's already looking like it when you consider the war raging in Ukraine and the Gaza Strip, plus the rocket attacks from neighbouring countries.  Then the Houthi's attacking Nato commercial and military vessels and the ongoing missile strike retaliations.  Seems it just keeps escalating.
In terms of preparation it seems prudent to stock up on food and water, but there is not much else that can be done here in the UK, No option for home defence other than things like baseball bats and kitchen knives. Unfortunately criminals do have access to guns, though.
If there is a full blown world war, it's not going to be like the last world wars.  There will be a lot of trouble within the UK population sympathetic to the 'enemy'. (in quotes because who knows who that is these days - our own govt are just as dangerous as the people we fight).  I would imagine though that a lot of military cells are already planted in the UK and ready.
Fortunately I live a long way from any major city.
For those able to help the environment do try environment the FK out of feral animas' If the shit does hit the fan, you will still need to eat.

Its not an option for many, those that can I hope do.

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1341055/pg1
I was not here.
(01-30-2024, 08:23 PM)DBCowboy Wrote: Not me or mine.

We're too old, too dependent on meds.

We'd be the first gone.

It is entirely possible, imo, that you and FlyersFan underestimate your knowledge as a basis for trade in the possible bad times.   Not everybody needs to be Rambo.   Certainly me and my Bride are not badasses, nor do we possess the weapons that would enable us to be so.   

Still, those of our age that have grown up making things, preserving food, growing stuff, have chops that should not be taken for granted.
To be quite honest.  I want to prepare more than I have.  I live in CA and work as a Truck driver.  Last year I decided to go long haul for the year so I could see all the states in preparation for moving out of CA ( which in my opinion is a HOT zone for when SHTF) to a more "safer" stronghold I suppose.   Anyway long story short , all the places I thought would be great... just weren't that impressive to me. Much of the United States is flat land. 

Gorilla tactics work great in  moutain terrain.   Perfect for a SHIFT. Scenario.

I saw potential good places in TN, MO. Problem for me is that thoes states, Strategically seem to be death traps because of how close they are to major cities and states that are heavily populated. 

Im thinking North all the way.  Idaho, Alaska . 

Anyway my 2 cents .
(02-03-2024, 11:18 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: Do they have NATO airstrikes sent without US nod to this. Look into the breakup of Yugoslavia, NATO decided that.

No, they have vintage vehicles as in pre computer chip to avoid EMT's and police and Federal tracking
(02-06-2024, 06:49 AM)Waterglass Wrote: No, they have vintage vehicles as in pre computer chip to avoid EMT's and police and Federal tracking

You never had the headache of the Bosch K-Jetronic? Mechanical fuel injection and even the central locking is vacume operated in my old Benz. At first I did start looking for a carby setup, but the k-jet is pretty good when working.

ETA: If you have an old K=jet era classic, then you ow it to yourself to supercharge the mofo. More air, less fuel, its environmentalism. 

Not all heros wear capes/
I was not here.
Civil War 2 and there isn't much mention of Texas.  

So rumors are that  Alaska national guard is going to Texas to assist the FEDS.  This literally means now we have Americans standing against Americans.   

I did NOT have this on my CW2 bingo card.   Biden is bringing it.   Its not about blue vs red.  We've been played.  We see the time is ripe, now we are at each others throats, for a narco-militia invasion.
(01-29-2024, 10:18 AM)Waterglass Wrote: My wife and I currently live among a ...  

I consider ourselves as lucky to the extreme as I can only pray for those in the cities as a resultbof the administrations policies. 

Were just bidening our time

Waterglass;

I respectfully suggest you revisit the information sources you are relying on which engender this sense of impending crisis.

It's not that I deny any of the patently valid observations they present, or even the lamentations they share regarding potential future scenarios.  Is simply the fact that so much of the environment from which we cull our ideas and information is clearly designed to "make you feel" a certain way.  To me that flags the potential for abuse, opportunism, and exploitation.

Also, I can sense a kind of disconnect in the outlying conversation.  Some folks (probably not here) often want to project their imagined "end game" scenarios as resonating with the virtually continuous entertainment productions depicting endless chaos, self-serving mobs, and quasi-militaristic apocalypse 'crime lord" dramas. 

I adhere to the simplistic definition of "civil war" as a war between organized groups within a people's state (be that a nation or some other collection of organized people.) Where such a thing occur, it seems unlikely that you would be alone in the scenario... war requires organization... that much is hard to escape.

The thing that many fear most is not actually civil war... it's anarchy.  Civil wars frankly revolve around one group with an idea or cause.  Anarchy means that the social contracts by which we conduct our survival in the human world are made void, or perhaps rendered irrelevant (where concepts like property, and sovereignty can only be expressed through force.)  

We have long passed the point of human affairs where "everyone else" is a danger first, and a potential ally only after.  Our model is as good as we could make it...  and it is not irredeemable, we are social.

Hollywood, think tanks, and political thespians (activists) seem to thrive creating fear... this whole 'civil war' trope seems very much like a 'canned' product.  Everything that provokes fear or fret seems to be crafted for the masses recently (perhaps I'm being naively kind) ... It reeks of theatricality to me... and where there is theater... there may be deception... so think hard before mentally consigning yourself to live in a world where doom is always around the corner.

I offer this question for your consideration...  has there EVER been a time in all of human history when some people weren't proclaiming "we are doomed" or "the wolf is at the door?"  If all order should evaporate in our country, are YOU going to go out raping and pillaging?  What would make you believe that thuggery will help your survival?  Be prepared... that is not unwise... but don't "project" evil into the notional world around you... 

In closing, I suggest to everyone to cultivate cooperation.  Help where you can, support those who do help...

You can't really "live" a life where all you do is clutch at everything while clenching your heart against everyone else.  In my opinion, that is not really living.

MM
Thanks for the write but I disagree. I also view that whoever is left in another decade will have a decent earth. The CO2 doom will be engineered out of the equation but then again is could be merely a play that was begun three decades ago. However, at the end of the day getting rid of foissil fuels is in the emd good for all. Our cites? Are you kidding me. 

I dont write to support the Drug Cartels, UN WEF or WHO. 

I am also invested in stocks in the stock martket for the long term. I manage a six figure portfoilo