deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Anyone Here Taking Preparations in Case of US Civil War?
(01-31-2024, 07:32 AM)Waterglass Wrote: Sorry to all. Many of our relatives are card carrying Democrats from North Carolina. All of our nieces and nephews were born there but the parents are educated, smug we know better than you a holes. Lets just say clueless in Charlotte. In Raleigh too.

Sorry DB. Our prayers for both of you

Meh.  It is what it is.

Life.

*shrugs*
If you're worried about card carrying Democunts, you really have lost the plot.  Really, anti-gun folk in a civil war against 2nd Amendment folk... that is apocallipic mindset, and it shouldn't come to that.

A second civil war wont happen, even if you try start it yourself.
I was not here.
(01-30-2024, 03:27 PM)Kenzo Wrote: If someone is wondering what natural medicines  might be good to have , i would say honey at least. 

one very good thing with honey is, that with quality honey and rigjht storage , honey wont have expiry date. It can stay good 1000 years. So in case of any situation where cant anymore go buying  medicines,  honey can  save the day " maybe'  with it's antimicrobial /antibiotic effect.

many say manuka honey is the most powerfull , but it's not  .....the most powerfull is Australian Jarrah honey , specially the higher TA 40-50  . So basically if wuld have that honey , it will stay ok for a lifetime in proper storage .

i actually ordered 2 jars of Jarrah honey directly from Australia last weekend ,  i hurt my leg in December, got deep wound that is still healing....i buyed the Jarrah honey for the wound, will put it 
as wound dressing to speed up healing.

A few years abck I considered running a honey tours business when I found out what you guys pay over there, not able to do it now because health issues, but if you want Jarrah honey, well Mohummad sometimes has to go to the mountains.

https://www.dbca.wa.gov.au/licences-and-...-australia

EDIT :look into Red Gum honey its similar in therapeutic uses/ and more available.
I was not here.
(01-29-2024, 09:54 PM)Byrd Wrote: I think the threat is overblown.

Almost every single state is a mix of liberals and conservatives, and the spectrum goes from extreme left to extreme right.  There's no single ideology that unites them into a solid core (something like a religion is usually the factor) and there's no way to tell who is who.  I could tell you in person that I was an ultra-conservative (I'm not) and you'd have no way of knowing that I was lying to save my skin (or whatever.)

However, ForeignPolicy.com disagrees with me: https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/02/18/how...ars-start/

An interesting quote from that site: "To make matters worse, as house speaker from 1995-1999, Newt Gingrich innovated a brilliant and democracy-destructive strategy for enabling his party to keep punching above its popular weight in the electorate: Just say no. Whereas Reagan considered someone who agreed with him 80 percent of the time to be a friend (not a traitor), Gingrich’s strategy forbade compromise, which is essential for any working democracy. Either Gingrich got everything he wanted or he refused to play."

tl;dr -- To stop a war, learn to compromise and to work within that compromise.

I'd like to think they were wrong.  A civil war will completely destroy every advance we've made for the past 248 years.  The rest of the world will do just fine, but we'll start seeing the most affluent and the most educated flee the country for other nations.  They'll do better for the influx of our money and our educated but America will fall into decline.

I think we need to focus more on getting along with each other and with trying to NOT have a civil war.

I think we need to focus more on getting along with each other and with trying to NOT have a civil war.

I agree and hope to but this country is full of hate and has been for decades since the 1960's.

Its now generational. I am a Yankee living in the South. As in South Carolina near Columbia. Its rated #1 for corrupt politics. Nickki Haley? I am doing extensive remodeling so I have many former military trades doing work. When they eat their lunch here they get into the rise of the South again via a civil war. They even have a fantasy that Columbia will be the next Washington DC.  Based on other weird things I see with high placed State and Federal workers living in the neighborhood. Who knows.

(02-03-2024, 07:07 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: A few years abck I considered running a honey tours business when I found out what you guys pay over there, not able to do it now because health issues, but if you want Jarrah honey, well Mohummad sometimes has to go to the mountains.

EDIT :look into Red Gum honey its similar in therapeutic uses/ and more available.

Let me look into that as I can see the medicinal  benefits. Maduka isnt cheap
(02-03-2024, 07:46 AM)Waterglass Wrote: I think we need to focus more on getting along with each other and with trying to NOT have a civil war.

I agree and hope to but this country is full of hate and has been for decades since the 1960's.

Its now generational. I am a Yankee living in the South. As in South Carolina near Columbia. Its rated #1 for corrupt politics. Nickki Haley? I am doing extensive remodeling so I have many former military trades doing work. When they eat their lunch here they get into the rise of the South again via a civil war. They even have a fantasy that Columbia will be the next Washington DC.  Based on other weird things I see with high placed State and Federal workers living in the neighborhood. Who knows.

Let me look into that as I can see the medicinal  benefits. Maduka isnt cheap

It was a discussion on ATS about what you pay for Manuka and me working for (then) the department of environment. So its fully Deny Ignorance honey.
I was not here.
(02-01-2024, 03:44 PM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: If you're worried about card carrying Democunts, you really have lost the plot.  Really, anti-gun folk in a civil war against 2nd Amendment folk... that is apocallipic mindset, and it shouldn't come to that.

A second civil war wont happen, even if you try start it yourself.

I currently live in a MAGA neighborhood. One lawyer next door has a 30' Trump banner 24 / 7 in his back yard since 2016. All I know is that we hear barking dogs 24 / 7 at 3:00AM almost daily from an adjacent neighborhood and hunting guns being shot in residential neighborhoods. So what does the HOA do? 

In South Carolina "swinging" is in and I am not referring to music. 

These are white collar supremacist trash. 

I dont like MAGA either along with the made in China  Trump 2024 hats
(02-03-2024, 07:07 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: A few years abck I considered running a honey tours business when I found out what you guys pay over there, not able to do it now because health issues, but if you want Jarrah honey, well Mohummad sometimes has to go to the mountains.

That Red Gum honey seems nice also  , Australia have nice honeys..

The issue with Manuka honey is , once it got popular and is quite expensive there started come fake manuka honey in to markets , so have to really look
it`s real when buying.... Jarrah honey is less known than Manuka and yet more powefull so probably less also less fake Jarrah in the markets.

Seems like Red Gum ( Marri ) is also quite good antimicrobial , TA value ...

If i did understand right ,   the difference between Manuka and Jarrah/Red Gum is that Manuka is antibacterial......and Jarrah/Red Gum is antimicrobial, so it`s more wider spectrum , like against yeast/candida and also antibacterial etc...
Waterglass, I think we're going off topic, but SC was the first time Europeans encountered dhatura, or Jamestown Weed as they called it , if its legal to grow that in SC, that would... dont burn your backyard down, its... I'm sure your more competent that me/ make "mad honey"

(02-03-2024, 08:20 AM)Kenzo Wrote: That Red Gum honey seems nice also  , Australia have nice honeys..

The issue with Manuka honey is , once it got popular and is quite expensive there started come fake manuka honey in to markets , so have to really look
it`s real when buying.... Jarrah honey is less known than Manuka and yet more powefull so probably less also less fake Jarrah in the markets.

If i did understand right ,   the difference between Manuka and Jarrah/Red Gum is that Manuka is antibacterial......and Jarrah/Red Gum is antimicrobial, so it`s more wider spectrum , like against yeast/candida and also antibacterial etc...

Redgum is neither Marri, Jarrah and Karri. the lather three are endemic only to western australia. redgum is also over east. because hives in areas with Jarrah, also have Marri.   redgum is a whole other thing.

But its not just the big trees, smaller flowiring shrubs like bottlebrush are great too.

(02-03-2024, 08:20 AM)Kenzo Wrote: That Red Gum honey seems nice also  , Australia have nice honeys..

I'm not able to answer " is that Manuka is antibacterial......and Jarrah/Red Gum is antimicrobial," thisits beyond my knowledge. Sorry.
I was not here.
(02-03-2024, 08:37 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: Waterglass, I think we're going off topic, but SC was the first time Europeans encountered dhatura, or Jamestown Weed as they called it , if its legal to grow that in SC, that would... dont burn your backyard down, its... I'm sure your more competent that me/ make "mad honey"

Redgum is neither Marri, Jarrah and Karri. the lather three are endemic only to western australia. redgum is also over east. because hives in areas with Jarrah, also have Marri.   redgum is a whole other thing.

But its not just the big trees, smaller flowiring shrubs like bottlebrush are great too.

I'm not able to answer " is that Manuka is antibacterial......and Jarrah/Red Gum is antimicrobial," thisits beyond my knowledge. Sorry.

Np problem , i was just writing what information i find about those honeys from google.
(02-03-2024, 09:25 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Np problem , i was just writing what information i find about those honeys from google.

Traditional medicine here is hardly documented, the more you read on this the better off we all are. I am not joking.

EDIT: I was going to drop a link to the Australian Bottlebrush varieties, but looks like you have your own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elymus_hystrix

Well I guess that means we have to war.
I was not here.