deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Freezing my butt off!
(01-13-2024, 02:48 AM)Nugget Wrote: My hubby and I were just talking about this today; it was beginning to look like we weren't even going to have any winter, then 9" of snow last night! It's a chilly minus 10* right now.

Wwe have a little house on the porch with a heating pad for the feral cat that adopted us, and this afternoon the and this afternoon we say a dark-eyed Junco come flying out. It's a good thing the cat only uses it at night! Lol

Thank You for taking care of the Feral!
Didn't have a outdoor outlet for the two feral's here so went full British an got 2 of those very ugly red colored hot water bottles. Turns out tucked into their fleece blankets they stay'd hot for 12hrs.

Wasn't looking for one Feral much less a pair. One little black cat I'd been feeding for 8 1/2 yrs decided to spread the word about the amenities my porch provided an she brought home a Russian Blue looking dude. Finally managed to get both of them inside. Yes everyone! They were immediately wisked to the Vet for "the works". Also yes to the cat carrier bloodbath. (mine)

It's beyond frigid here. 
No winter until last Monday but it went full-February overnight. Every year we get a "blue snow" event. Where it's so cold the snow looks blue with twinkles in it. It happened way earlier than normal here. I keep the house at 62 degrees, it was SO cold when I came back inside from starting the car to warm it up that 62 was omg! Hot!! Huh?? Whaaat???
If winter is this late I'm guessing it's going to "long" into spring. Peachy.
Hey folks, an update!

Well the temperature swung back around while I was at work. It reached 12°C which is pretty substantial of a change from -45°C!!! Mud, ice and slush, we have the “January thaw” every year so…meh.

I just drove about 9.5 -10 hours to get home, with my personal truck crapping out on the road about a half hour from work (just after dropping off the work truck) it’s towed to a mechanic shop and I came home with a different company vehicle.
Not 40 minutes from home the damn thing throws a “Check Engine “ light!!

Bahahaha!! Tomorrow morning I need to put the new jet pump in for running water. Then check the codes and repair the company truck.

Sell it all and move to Mexico seems to be a mantra in my head lately..

Bahahaha! Fuck it.

Tecate
If it’s hot, wet and sticky and it’s not yours, don’t touch it!