Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Freezing my butt off!
-10f

feel bad for my littlest dog.
got my ass ate, it was great, tell your dad thanks

[Image: eI0GGBm.gif]
Hey Lysergic! Yeah -32°C is pretty hard on my old Blue Heeler girl too!!

A bit of an update; got home after 8 weeks to 13°C in the house (~55°F), started a fire in the woodstove, shoveled the stairs and deck, and put groceries away.

Meanwhile the old girl was running around and barking to let the wildlife know that we’re home now!

Got to get the water system going, have a beer and then look at getting dinner started!! Woohoo!!

Stay safe and warm friends!!

Tecate
So… another update,

Water system froze and destroyed the pump. The system was shut off, but apparently I neglected to drain the pump. I guess the honey-do list here has gotten an addition that I’ll have to do when I’m back from work…

Still cold, very cold.

Tecate
(01-14-2024, 03:39 PM)Tecate Wrote: So… another update,

Water system froze and destroyed the pump. The system was shut off, but apparently I neglected to drain the pump. I guess the honey-do list here has gotten an addition that I’ll have to do when I’m back from work…

Still cold, very cold.

Tecate

Man, that sucks...very sorry to hear that.  Good luck with the repairs.

Try to stay warm....
(01-14-2024, 03:39 PM)Tecate Wrote: So… another update,

Still cold, very cold.

Tecate

That's bad.....extra work t get water system back....

btw,  i have feeled this winter has been more cold here so far ( Finland ),  not long ago i think temperature dropped to about -28 celcius Sad .
i can keep the house warm easely, but  sometimes car start getting too much ice in the tyre/brakes section and then brakes got problems.....so i buyed today 9KW electric heater fan  that i put to garage.....garage with no heating before now, i can then melt all the ice from car anytime needed .i just hate when the brakes start get stuck because ice/snow......allready few weeks ago had to warm up one brake to melt the ice out, it was totally stuck  and could not drive because it.
(01-12-2024, 02:33 PM)Tecate Wrote: Good day all! Back in the frozen north since Tuesday night, and drove 4 hours further to get my dog from my daughter’s place where she stayed for 8 weeks while I did renovations, etc in Mexico. -37°C on the drive up!! Holy hell, what the serious f**k? This morning -45°C!!
It’s supposed to warm up next week for back to work, but really??

Really beginning to hate the deep cold and would rather be down south touring around on the bike…

Keep warm all!!
[Image: ats2500_new_shocked.gif] I can't even imagine what that temperature would be like!!
Everything, absolutely everything, breaks down or operates poorly in this cold. I was passed by a Tesla this morning and would like to know what range the driver expected in this cold. He was driving on the major highway running north/ south from Edmonton towards Calgary, which is a 3 hour drive . 300km or about 186 miles….
I grew up in the upper Midwest, I got used to "our idea" of extreme cold, but it wasn't quite as bad as what you've got going on up there! -45C had to be unreal. We never got quite that cold. I remember we usually got wind chills deep in the negatives, and everything broke down, but nothing quite that bad. We'd see maybe -20 to -30C wind chills at worst.

When I moved down to the Appalachian region, they all told us that "winter storms were uncommon" and that they "didn't get a lot of snow". 3 years in, and I can confirm that this was a lie. We're sitting under nearly a foot of snow with another load on the way tomorrow. It's been like this every winter since I've been here, maybe I brought it with me.

It's not as snowy as it was back up north, but it's still significant. I like some snow and cold weather, though. Having seasons is important to me, I wouldn't be happy in a place with summer all year.
The temperatures you guys are reporting are shuddersome -- I can't imagine coping with that sort of thing.  Texas would collapse under that.  As it is, although our freezing temperatures are much milder than yours, we've still had a few outages around the state and at least four people in Houston died from the cold.

Sending warm thoughts your way... but please don't send your chilly stuff down here!
(01-18-2024, 01:51 PM)Byrd Wrote: The temperatures you guys are reporting are shuddersome -- I can't imagine coping with that sort of thing.  Texas would collapse under that.  As it is, although our freezing temperatures are much milder than yours, we've still had a few outages around the state and at least four people in Houston died from the cold.

Sending warm thoughts your way... but please don't send your chilly stuff down here!

Thanks, Byrd.
I have two friends that returned to Michigan last week.  One brought the snow, the other the cold weather.
So, your state is safe.
They came from Florida Flaming

Beer Beer ​​​​​​​ Beer