deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is it just me?... a photo in the news
Scanning around, I often see lots of stuff attached to articles and news, and also within videos (where they flash images as they narrate, monologue, or use someone else's voice over.)

I can complain about how this production techniques is abused, but it would be to no avail.  So I just grin and bear it.

But this time, since it was a fluff-piece about astronomic stuff (the Leonid Meteor Shower) I was expecting photos of past events, etc.

From Fox: Lyrid meteor shower 2024: When and where to look up

Within it, this image appeared... 

[Image: GettyImages-1393058175-copy.jpg]

With the following caption:

The annual April Lyrids meteor showers illuminate the night sky over the Jinshanling Great Wall on April 22, 2022 in Luanping County, Chengdu City, Hebei Province of China. 
(Zhou Wanping / VCG  / Getty Images)

Now here's my question... Is this really a photograph of a meteor shower?  It seems awfully consistent... not like anything I have ever seen.  I suspected that this as an overlay of the Great Wall's silhouette over a time-lapsed photo of stationary lights... or am I mistaken?

If it is an error, I wonder if they will correct it eventually (not that they spotted it); or if it isn't, how is such a photo possible?

Just something to ponder.

Messages In This Thread
Is it just me?... a photo in the news - by Maxmars - 04-21-2024, 06:36 PM