deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clairvoyants predicted WWIII would spark in the Middle East
(03-27-2024, 11:49 AM)Byrd Wrote: OK, thats fair and I get Bulgaria. What gets me is the Book of Revs as we as a human race can actually realise that by a self-fulfilling prophecy as it seems that many parts of the world are headed that way. 

That's awfully thin evidence -- two people making predictions in 2023 about what would happen in 2024 and talking about conflicts already in progress.  One is a politician, who has access to information that the rest of us don't.  The one about Ukraine not existing in 2024 certainly isn't true, and I don't see this as being said years ago.  The 1815 soothsayer left no date, so it's hardly prescient.  

And Vanga... there's quite a bit of evidence that she wasn't the marvelous psychic of recent claims.  For one thing, there's no authoritative publication of her predictions; something happens and there's publications (usually out of Bulgaria, where she lived) that say she predicted this.  If you google for "Baba Vanga predictions" you'll see lots of stories about "she predicted this!" but nowhere do you find an actual listing of her complete predictions (unlike, say, Edgar Cayce, whose predictions you can find.)

This page (https://www.skeptik.net/extras/gorny1.htm) at the bottom says she's mostly a product of the Bulgarian government, which wanted a prestigious clairvoyant to attract tourists and to keep tabs on other governments (through people who wanted to have their fortunes told.)

The older ones are vague, with someone putting words in Nostradamus' mouth.

So I'm calling "not much here" on this one.

(03-26-2024, 08:00 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: I recall that back in the 1980's it was "all about the children".  Moms pushed it and look where we are at. Globally. Yes its scary. 
The scary thing is I agree.

We all wanted  a better world and none of us got what we wanted.

(03-24-2024, 07:09 PM)Maxmars Wrote: I do pray and go to church as I do belive in God. I returned to the church after decades of not going as I had an experience that I nor science can explain.  I keep it to myself and just go on. Overall I have to say my life has improved. 

I remember similar "media" reactions here in the US after the heartbreak of 9-11.  Many news articles featuring the 'predictions' of psychics and celebrities...

I was struck by the Pravda articles references, paragraph after paragraph, of the late leader of the Liberal Democratic Party Vladimir Zhirinovsky.  He had been a member of the State Duma (it replaced the "Supreme Soviet" after Russia's 'constitutional crisis in 1993.)  It appears to take on a "political" popularity piece given that focus.

Since the early times of emergence of the cultural and traditional friction between the Arab peoples who were Muslim, and the Jews, people have been almost continually treated with imagery of the 'doomsday" clash that might come to pass... (or will, if you believe in that destiny.)  It almost "demands" of believers that they can't change their own realities because.... faith in religious leadership words.

It's difficult to embrace the idea that there's nothing we can do to avert violent clashes.  It's even more difficult to believe that we "will have been warned" when the warnings never end... almost as if somewhere, someone actually "wants' it to happen.  (That someone wants it to happen is more frightening to me than that it could.)

I wonder if this article is AI output.  Maybe not, but I still wonder.

Thanks for sharing it.  Thumbup

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clairvoyants predicted WWIII would spark in the Middle East - by Waterglass - 03-29-2024, 10:46 AM