deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why don't we know the names of the American hostages in Gaza?
We know the name of one of them.  She/he (not sure which) was 73 and declared dead today.  Gad Haggai.  Died in captivity.
Don't be a useful idiot.  Deny Ignorance.
DEI = Division, Exclusion, and Incompetence
We also know the names of those three hostages that were mistakenly killed by the IDF.
lon Shamriz, Yotam Haim and Samar Talalka.

(12-23-2023, 10:19 AM)FlyersFan Wrote: We know the name of one of them.  She/he (not sure which) was 73 and declared dead today.  Gad Haggai.  Died in captivity.

Apparently, he died during the October 7 attack and his body was taken to Gaza along with his (supposedly alive) wife.
(12-23-2023, 10:52 AM)ArMaP Wrote: We also know the names of those three hostages that were mistakenly killed by the IDF.

Apparently, he died during the October 7 attack and his body was taken to Gaza along with his (supposedly alive) wife.

Respectfully thats about the the first time her name was posted, pretty sure the 3 killed were not Americans but could be wrong.

The point remains either they are uncertain or by design ABOUT THE AMERICAN hostages, the American media isn't exactly pressing for who the American hostages are. Unlike in the past, we knew Leon Klinghoffer almost immediately. It is almost as if they do not want us to have a face with the victim.

Some have dismissed those with dual citizenship as being less "American'. It's not uncommon for dual citizenship anymore and not sure why that destination bothers some so much.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67805819

Quote:Five to 10 US citizens are still being held hostage, according to the Hostage and Missing Persons Families Forum.

President Joe Biden said in a statement that he was "heartbroken by the news that American Gad Haggai is now believed to have been killed by Hamas on October 7".

He said he grieves for the Haggai family, and called their suffering "intolerable".

"I reaffirm the pledge we have made to all the families of those still held hostage: we will not stop working to bring them home," the president added.

(12-23-2023, 10:52 AM)ArMaP Wrote: We also know the names of those three hostages that were mistakenly killed by the IDF.

Respectfully thats about the the first time her name was posted, pretty sure the 3 killed were not Americans but could be wrong.

The point remains either they are uncertain or by design ABOUT THE AMERICAN hostages, the American media isn't exactly pressing for who the American hostages are. Unlike in the past, we knew Leon Klinghoffer almost immediately. It is almost as if they do not want us to have a face with the victim.

Some have dismissed those with dual citizenship as being less "American'. It's not uncommon for dual citizenship anymore and not sure why that destination bothers some so much.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67805819

Quote:Five to 10 US citizens are still being held hostage, according to the Hostage and Missing Persons Families Forum.

President Joe Biden said in a statement that he was "heartbroken by the news that American Gad Haggai is now believed to have been killed by Hamas on October 7".

He said he grieves for the Haggai family, and called their suffering "intolerable".

"I reaffirm the pledge we have made to all the families of those still held hostage: we will not stop working to bring them home," the president added.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
Apparently nobody knows the names of the hostages, except those whose families know they are missing and assuming they are hostages.
Some days ago I saw on Euronews people on a demonstration (I think it was in France) complaining that they do not know the names of the hostages, so they do not know what happened to their missing family members.
(12-26-2023, 06:17 AM)putnam6 Wrote: ...the American media...

I've come to accept we have no real press.

If the names are not published, it's by design.  Good luck trying to figure out whose interest they are trying to protect.
(12-26-2023, 01:57 PM)loam Wrote: I've come to accept we have no real press.

If the names are not published, it's by design.  Good luck trying to figure out whose interest they are trying to protect.

Yes, and thats the issue our free press was supposed to keep all sides in check...I suppose there could be a reason for the safety of the families of the hostages considering how whacked the protesting side has become, But thats not the reason why the press isn't asking questions
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....