deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why don't we know the names of the American hostages in Gaza?
Why don't we know the names of the American hostages in Gaza?
It's now been nearly two months, and all I can find is that Washington says there are nine of them. I was around for the 1979 Iranian hostage crisis, and there was far more information and public concern about those hostages. The TV show Nightline evolved from a 1979 nightly news special called The Iran Crisis: America Held Hostage. Isn't it strange that there's so little political and media fuss about these nine hostages?
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
America Held Hostage: Day 157. Day 278. Day 350.

It was 50 Hostages all American embassy employees and it lasted over a year. Every night on TV. We saw them confess we saw them hooded.

And Obama gave them billions and Biden is following suit. I said at the time, proves he/they are traitors.
(12-04-2023, 01:35 AM)putnam6 Wrote: Why don't we know the names of the American hostages in Gaza?
It's now been nearly two months, and all I can find is that Washington says there are nine of them. I was around for the 1979 Iranian hostage crisis, and there was far more information and public concern about those hostages. The TV show Nightline evolved from a 1979 nightly news special called The Iran Crisis: America Held Hostage. Isn't it strange that there's so little political and media fuss about these nine hostages?

Boy that is sure a good question!!!!  This whole thing smells.
Like so damn many other things in the.  Way too many things seem orchestrated.   
Our government is not working for its people anymore.
Another thing for which I haven't seen an answer is how they know who was kidnapped.

Did Hamas give a list of hostages? Or are they assuming the missing were kidnapped?
(12-04-2023, 04:47 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Boy that is sure a good question!!!!  This whole thing smells.
Like so damn many other things in the.  Way too many things seem orchestrated.   
Our government is not working for its people anymore.

It is, saw it mentioned elsewhere 

All I know is the hostages' names were prominent in the Black September/Munich debacle, the Iran hostages hell even The Achille Lauro we knew their names.

I can think of a few semi-legit reasons for this but probably more than a few, less than legit reasons. Find it hard to believe MSM is censoring itself, though in this day and age, it is possible.

(12-05-2023, 06:02 AM)ArMaP Wrote: Another thing for which I haven't seen an answer is how they know who was kidnapped.

Did Hamas give a list of hostages? Or are they assuming the missing were kidnapped?

I'd think their numbers come purely from Israeli sources, that's the thing with facial recognition tech and the attack being filmed by numerous Hamas members and CCTV. 

IIRC correctly even in some of the long-range videos Israel was able to deduce who the victims were, through various methods. Like a lot of tech advances, you have to take the good with the bad.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
Oy Vey Goyim

dontcha trust us?

Also when they say American do they mean dual Israeli citizenship American or like original recipe instead of multinational with questionable allegiance?
got my ass ate, it was great, tell your dad thanks

[Image: eI0GGBm.gif]
(12-06-2023, 04:10 PM)Lysergic Wrote: Oy Vey Goyim

dontcha trust us?

Also when they say American do they mean dual Israeli citizenship American or like original recipe instead of multinational with questionable allegiance?

Does it really have anything to do with israel? or trusting them? Hamas should have all the names and if they dont it shows what a cluster this is

I got one article not mentioning American hostages and the White Houe alluding to that 9 Americans remained captive. While a recent Barron's article doesn't. That's the point though in the past we would have known immediately and often who these Americans were even those with dual citizenship. The media would have been blasting it and there is a reason it isn't doing that. As I said there are likely some legit reasons for the lack of clarity as well as some that aren't as legit. For example, does our government want to downplay the possible threat to Americans to not stoke Islamaphobia? 

Pretty sure most if not all have dual citizenship, there is nothing nefarious about it either. Lots of people do. Like 2 of the girls killed and raped at the music festival who lived in Los Angeles and were just visiting Israel IIRC, this info would have been blasted across MSM and yet it isn't easy to find
(12-04-2023, 01:35 AM)putnam6 Wrote: Why don't we know the names of the American hostages in Gaza?

Best. Signature. Evar.
It might be for their own protection.

It seems that they're waiting for Hamas to release names... rather than giving out names so that Hamas might go hunt them down or desperate Palestinians turn them over to Hamas to gain their own freedom.
(12-23-2023, 02:33 AM)Byrd Wrote: It might be for their own protection.

It seems that they're waiting for Hamas to release names... rather than giving out names so that Hamas might go hunt them down or desperate Palestinians turn them over to Hamas to gain their own freedom.

It's a great point after we have seen the treatment the protesters dole out when they do know. 

Yeah I guess some part of me is in the 70s and 80s, NGL hearing reports of those that have been released, is extremely disheartening. 

I suspect our government and intelligence agencies have lots more information. We can only hope as always they know what they are doing. 

I cant imagine being a parent or close relative...

(12-22-2023, 11:39 PM)Brogdel Wrote: Best. Signature. Evar.

It always struck a chord with me, when I first heard it, and even more so listening to the whole album the first time. It captured the angst and attitude of the generation. 

RIP Neil Peart 

https://www.loudersound.com/features/rus...tom-sawyer

Quote:But Tom Sawyer didn't come easily and it almost never made the album.

“I mean, when we were working on Tom Sawyer, actually for the longest time, it was the worst song on the record,” Lee told Prog's Philip Wilding.

“We had more trouble with that song than almost any other song. I had real doubt about whether the song was working at all. I remember when we came to do the solo, and we’re having a lot of trouble getting a sound that [Alex was] happy with. All of a sudden, [album engineer] Paul Northfield kind of jumped into action and came up with this idea of mic-ing the stereo speakers and doing [the] solo in a stereo spread. Then it gave it that kind of tubular sound. And then it finally came to life.

Ats2508_cheers