deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What sign do you need?
I was always curious on what WW3 was supposed to be. CME, Hackers, Invasion, Civil War, Blue Beam, Aliens, What ever the f*ck is in the Ocean, and so on and so on. We've been conditioned to think that this was going to be something so noticeable that there would be no denying it was happening.

Well, what if we didn't realize that we are in WW10, what if all the myth's, biblical stories, from all religions were World Wars, Including the Adam and Eve story. You know the 2 major f*ck ups. BTW I am agnostic, just trying to add some stuff up :)

We have had the rise and fall of Empires, Colonization that changed World History, Worldwide slavery, destruction all over the world, our air, water, land. Why would these things not be considered World Wars? If there is a war in the Middle East (as usual) and it affects oil around the world in a bad way, is that not a World War.

"What is the full meaning of war?

a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air. a state or period of armed hostility or active military operations: The two nations were at war with each other. "

"What is the full meaning of worlds?

everything that exists; the universe; the macrocosm. any complex whole conceived as resembling the universe: the world of the microcosm. one of the three general groupings of physical nature: animal world; mineral world; vegetable world. any period, state, or sphere of existence: this world; the world to come. "

So, my point is that if we were to come to the realization that this isn't our first rodeo, we would pay better attention to those who are trying to make us think that the worst hasn't even happened yet, when in fact they know it never stopped.

Peace, NRE.
The 10 minutes that it takes for an ICBM to reach anywhere in the world will the the only warning we get. There certainly wont be any denying it. It's currently 90 seconds to midnight.

Empires do indeed rise and fall, and there would be hope for humanity if we could all stop trying to conquer and thought in those terms. Sadly, I don't see that happening. I feel like Aliens are just shaking their heads as they watch us destroy ourselves. There they are having harnessed the power of their own star, and we're down here killing each other over oil.
[Image: colorblocksig.png]
(12-21-2023, 09:30 PM)NoRegretsEver Wrote: We have had the rise and fall of Empires, Colonization that changed World History, Worldwide slavery, destruction all over the world, our air, water, land. Why would these things not be considered World Wars? If there is a war in the Middle East (as usual) and it affects oil around the world in a bad way, is that not a World War.

"What is the full meaning of war?

a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air. a state or period of armed hostility or active military operations: The two nations were at war with each other. "

"What is the full meaning of worlds?

A few observations:

The age of exploration and the rise of the European Empires was triggered by Islam blocking existing trade routes to the Orient. That is a cautionary note to anyone who argues that events in another part of the globe don't have flow-on effects elsewhere. 

Also, one might ponder how much emphasis is placed on nation-states in particular circumstances. Considering the following two instances:

First, Somalia is a failed state overrun by inter-clan fighting. Yet the Horn of Africa is strategically important as a choke point for international maritime shipping routes.

Second, Taiwan is a vibrant democracy and economy whose identity and political system spit and fortunately developed separately from China.

Lastly, non-state actors, like ISIS, don't represent countries. (Although I wouldn't rule governments funding those organisations).
Mentioned this elsewhere growing up in 70s and 80s America,if we had Russia be at war in eastern Europe and we were actively supplying their opponent, we would have thought we were in WWIII as well as if we had ballistic missiles flying over Saudi Arabia to try and hit targets in Israel again also WWIII.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....