Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What's all the hubbub about the solar eclipse
I wonder ...

[Video: https://youtu.be/9EWFhc9HzNE?si=N05ycnmAyhNPW4fX]
"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music." Anonymous

Plato's Chariot Allegory
(04-08-2024, 12:10 AM)Cre8Chaos Wrote: I am excited. We won't see but some, looking at when we will have the eclipse in this timezone, the kids should be at their playtime in the yard. I may also have the nasa website up to view it. I believe it's like at 10 or something when they are gonna stream it. It will be fun to read the book I inadvertently got for our space study to teach them anout the moon and sun fight.I am excited  Smile

Im interested in the celestial wonder of it all myself, but the thread is more about the measures our local state governments are enacting and societal concerns. Measures and concerns Ive never seen discussed about an eclipse. 

Yes in 2017 people were stoked to go see it and overrun small towns for a prime viewing spot, We had all that but with no warnings or concerns

[Image: mp64126e19.jpg]
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(04-05-2024, 04:56 AM)DISRAELI Wrote: Now that I've started extending my mission into Redddit, I am picking up the impression that Christian Americans, at least, are hoping that the eclipse will be synchronised with the Rapture. "Should I be worried?" "Not if you're faithful".

I suppose it makes sense to anyone who believes that America is the centre of God's world.
There has been some talk about a small American town near the center of the x of this and the last solar eclipse. The town is named Rapture Indiana. I do not think this is relevant though, and it may cause people to overlook what the real sign is. The first eclipse 7 years ago went over 7 cities named Salem. This one will go over 7 cities named Nineva, and one named Jonah. There are constelations involved, pices the fish, and Cetus the sea Monster/whale.  Do you remember when Christ was asked for another sign?  He said all you will get is the sign of Jonah. The pharisees knew exactly what that meant. There apparently was an eclipse after Jonah was vomited onto the beach in Nineva(Fish City). It occurred as Jonah walked into the courts of the king of nineva. They were given 40 days to repent, and they did. All the way up to the king. There will be no repentence in America. So, 40 days from today, in America you will see a very serious punishment. I suspect that it will be one of two things or both. America will enter civil war, and may have a massive earthquake on at least one fault line and perhaps multiple.  This is it.
(04-08-2024, 11:36 AM)visitedbythem Wrote: There has been some talk about a small American town near the center of the x of this and the last solar eclipse. The town is named Rapture Indiana. I do not think this is relevant though, and it may cause people to overlook what the real sign is. The first eclipse 7 years ago went over 7 cities named Salem. This one will go over 7 cities named Nineva, and one named Jonah. There are constelations involved, pices the fish, and Cetus the sea Monster/whale.  Do you remember when Christ was asked for another sign?  He said all you will get is the sign of Jonah. The pharisees knew exactly what that meant. There apparently was an eclipse after Jonah was vomited onto the beach in Nineva(Fish City). It occurred as Jonah walked into the courts of the king of nineva. They were given 40 days to repent, and they did. All the way up to the king. There will be no repentence in America. So, 40 days from today, in America you will see a very serious punishment. I suspect that it will be one of two things or both. America will enter civil war, and may have a massive earthquake on at least one fault line and perhaps multiple.  This is it.

For accuracy's sake only 2 towns name Nineva/Nineveh are in the path of totality, Only two places called Nineveh are inside the path of totality, Nineveh, Indiana, and Nineveh, Ohio. The remainder of the places called Nineveh will experience a partial eclipse with at least 85 percent or more coverage.

[Image: xMapNineveh.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8MaQnbsfzH.webp]
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(04-08-2024, 12:00 PM)putnam6 Wrote: If you take a test and score 85% do you pass or fail? I believe this was planned before this Universe was created.
For accuracy's sake only 2 towns name Nineva/Nineveh are in the path of totality, Only two places called Nineveh are inside the path of totality, Nineveh, Indiana, and Nineveh, Ohio. The remainder of the places called Nineveh will experience a partial eclipse with at least 85 percent or more coverage.

[Image: https://leadstories.com/xMapNineveh.jpg....bsfzH.webp]
(04-08-2024, 12:15 PM)visitedbythem Wrote:  
We will find out in 40 days.... Lol  

[Video: https://youtu.be/lcOxhH8N3Bo?si=IY4_vry76UgNOus7]
I thought it was already over. It’s cloud here and can’t see sun. 

I got dizzy and nauseous. Looked it up, was right at peak.

Weird. I didn’t put anything by the eclipse.
(04-08-2024, 12:15 PM)visitedbythem Wrote:  

Look I think it's intelligent design that the earth has the only moon at the right size and distance to block out the the moon.

But an 85-100% eclipse swathe is about 1/8th the size of the US, that's a large and convenient swathe

Airline traffic. along the eclipses path

[Image: GKqfh-sWMAE__O9?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
(04-02-2024, 10:27 AM)CoyoteAngels Wrote: I don't know about all that marlarky, but I'm going to Austin where my brother, a laser engineer, has a word problem to solve.  He wants to chase the darkness by following the path as far as possible.  

I will be there when the big light goes out. 

I saw the total annular eclipse from Roswell, NM last Oct.  The path of these two eclipses cross in San Antonio. 

The total annular eclipse looked like a gold ring around the black disk of the moon.  The bright midmorning  beautiful blue sky got twiIighty  weird but not dark.  The upcoming Great American Eclipse hopefully will show Bailey's Beads, shining thru the mountains on the moon.  

If the gold ring followed by the diamonds aren't a 'signature'.
,  I don't know what else would be.   Infinitesimal  unlikely arrangement.

update:   lifetime dream of seeing total eclipse with darkness and Baileys Beads was fulfilled in Waco Texas.  The clouds parted,
​​ everyone nearby began to clap, hoot and howl at the moon!  It was FANTASTIC!

(04-02-2024, 10:36 AM)putnam6 Wrote: Im hip to the scientific and astronomical wonderment Coyote Angels, If I were closer I go somewhere and check it out, even though I just saw where much of my state will 88% covered look. 

But fill up my gas tank and stock up on groceries? state of emergency declarations are completely different peas in completely different pods.

I didn't hear any such nonsense in Texas.  Maybe folks there are a more rational lot?  Even tho the total annular eclipse last Oct crossed paths with this one over San Antonio.  An omen if I've ever seen one! They all were cool about it as I could see.

(04-04-2024, 04:20 AM)Rainmaker Wrote: A year ago I would have run to ATS to share this; I’m now proud to make this my “home” forum. 

First of all, I’m firmly in the camp of not caring at all about the eclipse. It will be just another day for me, albeit one where I avoid potentially crowded areas. I live in rural extreme northern Vermont and we are expecting around 250,000 people to come to my area to see the eclipse. You read that correctly, not 25,000.

Those who know me from ATS also know I’m not ashamed to admit I’m a fairly recently-retired fed. Thus, most of my friends are or were in the federal government as well.

I was chatting with someone who is still employed by the government just now when the individual dropped a bombshell that I’ve never heard mentioned. This person commented how my wife and I are some of the most calm people they know when it comes to the eclipse. Almost everyone in the area is in some sort of panic, whether it be fear of widespread crime, power outages, or natural disasters. 

I shrugged my shoulders and told this person that we simply don’t care because we are both lifelong preparedness-lifestyle types and being prepared for anything means we panic at nothing. This individual then sort of smiled and said something to the effect of, “I know why you’re not in a panic, and I know why I’m not and (person we both know well) isn’t in a panic either.” I thought the comment was odd and I asked what they meant. The reply was chilling because this person still works for the government and certainly knows a lot more than was being revealed. 

The response was, “what will people do if the eclipse doesn’t happen? What if nothing close to an eclipse is observed? Quite the opposite of panic, I’d say. So don’t expect any panic that day”. I asked for further details and all I got was “you’ll see”.

So.... did anything happen or not happen?

(04-04-2024, 08:01 AM)FlyersFan Wrote: Schools are closing in the path because they don't want the kids out in the dark.  It's a safety thing.

States of Emergency declared in the path because there are going to be millions upon millions of people all crowding the areas, and the roads will be blocked and jammed.

I started a thread here in 'fragile earth' forum about what happened last time two solar eclipses made an X on America, and had a comet involved in it all.   Three months later, the New Madrid let loose and there were earthquakes so bad that the Mississippi river ran backwards.  Just an interesting tidbit.

So silly. We drove from Austin to Waco and back to Austin after it was over.  Not much traffic at all.  Normal for the time of day.  

​​​​Waco had a total of 4 minutes of darkness one of the longest in its path.  Everyone enjoyed themsrlves.  

Govt seems to act more and more stupid than ever!

(04-08-2024, 11:36 AM)visitedbythem Wrote: There has been some talk about a small American town near the center of the x of this and the last solar eclipse. The town is named Rapture Indiana. I do not think this is relevant though, and it may cause people to overlook what the real sign is. The first eclipse 7 years ago went over 7 cities named Salem. This one will go over 7 cities named Nineva, and one named Jonah. There are constelations involved, pices the fish, and Cetus the sea Monster/whale.  Do you remember when Christ was asked for another sign?  He said all you will get is the sign of Jonah. The pharisees knew exactly what that meant. There apparently was an eclipse after Jonah was vomited onto the beach in Nineva(Fish City). It occurred as Jonah walked into the courts of the king of nineva. They were given 40 days to repent, and they did. All the way up to the king. There will be no repentence in America. So, 40 days from today, in America you will see a very serious punishment. I suspect that it will be one of two things or both. America will enter civil war, and may have a massive earthquake on at least one fault line and perhaps multiple.  This is it.

Only problem here is the last total eclipse over the US was just last Oct.  So all of this can't be a prophesy. 

It was a total annular eclipse.  I saw the moon obscure the sun directly with A tiny band of gold rather than white with two diamonds. .  Only difference.   The X was over San Antonio Texas.  Roswell NM was in the path and I witnessed it too from there.   It didn't get dark and no Bailey's beads.  it had a ring of fire.  Nobody cared or seemed to notice except folks in NM because it coincided with the balloon fiesta in Albuerquque.