Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Veterans Describe Killing during Wartime
Such a moving mental thought of the horrible images these soldiers still have to live with. Although I never saw battle on the field, I was stationed in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War.
When friends and neighbors came back from Vietnam the church I attended at that age gave them a chance to let it all out and speak to us about their feelings and tell their stories. This video brought that to mind. It was like a punch to the face listening to people I knew who had completely changed as a result of war. Thank god for them they were from where I grew up, where they were honored and not spat on.

Had it not been for a recent knee surgery I would have been in the last group sent to do the mop-up and just how lucky that knee injury was for me was not unappreciated. I dislocated a knee deer hunting a couple of years earlier. It did not dawn on me that it would benefit me until I stood in front of the guy giving the physicals and saw his eyes focus on the giant still-healing scar over my knee.

I see people acting like war is civilized and has rules and wonder how it is lost on them that in war the goal is to kill everyone on the other side. I can't imagine how horrible it is for those who have fought in a war.