deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Debate Forum: Resurrected
[Image: c7XG7Cs.png]

The rules for the debate forum are pretty straightforward.

Posts in the debate forum shouldn't exceed 800 words. A debate moderator kicks off the debate by introducing the participants and announcing the topic. Participants must adhere to DI's terms and conditions, and personal attacks will result in an automatic loss of the debate. Prompt responses within 24 hours are expected.

What we need now are debate participants. If you're interested in taking part in a debate, reply to this thread and we'll be in touch with the particulars.

Fight on!

[Image: colorblocksig.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Thumbup Thumbup
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
- Benjamin Franklin -

Yep!
That's how it should be
This sounds cool. Can't wait to see what you have planned.
In. Any topic. Pick my position.
[Image: xn661c5393.jpg]
Undecided voter
I'm not getting the "prompt responses within 24 hours are expected" part. Are debates to span over several days and the participants are given these 24 hours to do research or think out their response(s). I have never studied how to debate nor was I ever in any debate club at school, so I'm not sure how it works. I watch debates on youtube all the time and there are no breaks ... or if there are they are not for very long ... some go on for over 3 hours and have a mediator, then a Q&A session from the audience.
"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music." Anonymous

Plato's Chariot Allegory
(04-15-2024, 08:09 AM)quintessentone Wrote: I'm not getting the "prompt responses within 24 hours are expected" part. Are debates to span over several days and the participants are given these 24 hours to do research or think out their response(s). I have never studied how to debate nor was I ever in any debate club at school, so I'm not sure how it works. I watch debates on youtube all the time and there are no breaks ... or if there are they are not for very long ... some go on for over 3 hours and have a mediator, then a Q&A session from the audience.

Yes. It would be over a series of days, but I'm also playing with the idea of a live debate via audio stream and live chat. I think ATS did that a few times. I like the idea a lot.
[Image: colorblocksig.png]
[Image: spongebob-hiiiii.gif]
giggity giggity gif - Search Images (bing.com)