Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Range rover sport l320 issues
Hi everyone, I have a 2005 range rover sport which 8s suffering from various electrical quirks, such as the wipers only working at high speed, the slow and automatic functions have just vanished. Both front electric windows have suddenly stopped working, both back ones are fine. There was a leak from the windscreen scuttle which I've now fixed and the car is drying out.
If anyone has this vehicle or any knowledge of land rovers/range rovers any help you can offer would be great fully recieved.
I'm pretty good with vehicles and do all repairs myself, whilst I know the car is nearly 20 years old I am very fond of her and don't really want to get rid of her. I'm UK based by the way.
Thanks in advance
Range Rovers are very nice vehicles (relatively speaking) but the conveniences that make them most attractive are the most likely candidates when quirky things start to go wrong.  

from: (https://www.dangerousroads.org/around-th...overs.html)

Electrical Issues

Range Rovers are also known for having electrical issues. The most common problem is with the car's infotainment system. The system may freeze, crash, or simply refuse to turn on. In some cases, it may even reset itself randomly. If you're having trouble with your infotainment system, it's best to take your car to a qualified mechanic or dealership for service....

In addition to the infotainment system, electrical issues can also affect the car's windows, locks, and other features. If you're having trouble with any of these features, it's best to take your car to a qualified mechanic or dealership for service...

If you own a Range Rover, it's important to be aware of the most common problems that can affect your car. Suspension issues, electrical issues, and fuel pump issues are just some of the problems that you may encounter.

Notice that everything they mention being routinely problematic are matters that relate to "firmware" and electronic "hardware."  Suspension, fuel pumps, and other electronics are all about what the "computer" or "computerized control system" manages...

That seems to be hand-in-hand with the evolution of car manufacturing to install "closed/modular" components that can't be simply "repaired" by the end-user.  This is not uncommon in most modern cars.  But it does require mechanics who have access to "authorized parts" and enjoy "special training/experience" to fix.

There's some information on the internet (even YouTube) about the issue... maybe you can find some help there?