deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Poll: F1 or Rallye?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
F1
25.00%
1 25.00%
Rallye
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Rallye or F1, what's your favorite
To all the gear heads, what is your favorite motor sport if you had to choose between the two? What would you choose if you had the chance to drive in any of the two classes?

Remember, it's less about what sport has the better drivers, as they can't be really compared. Rallye has no safety net, cars are easier to handle, but F1 has a lot more G-forces and precision necessary during those G-forces. So it can not be compared directly.

I would choose Rallye. For the simple reason that it's raw, dirty and build on a car with a normal chassis. It's competitive but the drama around the drivers is way less. Less glory and more about the sport itself. More room for innovations and in terms of driving awareness, a lot harder than F1, where you know the track has 15 curves you drove through a couple hundred times already. Rallye you drove the curves 2-3 times a week or longer ago. You might be relying on a team mate telling you what's up next. Since then, rain, snow, drought. Never know what's behind the corner. No one to help you if something breaks down. That's raw motorsport for me. This whole package is what would lead me to Rallye instead of F1.

What's your choice and why?

[Image: t8VlDQC.jpg]

[Image: sQoVJdM.jpg]
Given the choice I would go for the IOM TT :)
failing that MotoGP then speedway then supercross.
Cars are for getting you to work :D
(11-26-2023, 04:19 PM)sprocketuk Wrote: Given the choice I would go for the IOM TT :)
failing that MotoGP then speedway then supercross.
Cars are for getting you to work :D

I'm in for the adrenaline although I have to play cooler because not good for the heart and the common dangers involved, even on the race track..

But motorcycles... I stay away from them. Not because I am scared but I am scared not being scared enough, just ripping the throttle open. I drove 50cc Simpson, 3 gears, with they boys when I was younger so I have a bit experience. All of them drive race bikes now. With blue discoloration on the rear slick. One of them let me ride his Aprilia a few years ago on the track. I forgot how it's called. All I remember it had like 198 or 298HP and a positive HP/kg ratio. So more HP than weight.

I enjoyed it even though I just had my normal racing suit and a lent helmet, gloves and back protection. But that things lifts the front wheel in any situation and I only went full throttle once. Nope. I would kill myself in the speed and acceleration rush. I played with the thought of getting some half-cross that only can do like 120-140km/h to cruise around. But I myself have overseen bikers in the past because of bad visibility. So.. nope, too dangerous.

Ats2508_cheers
Its funny but I often have more fun wringing the neck of soemthing slow than h=going half throttle on something quicker.
Give it a week or so and a ton plus just looks normal until you gfeel like you could get off and run :D
(11-26-2023, 05:58 PM)sprocketuk Wrote: Its  funny but I often have more fun wringing the neck of soemthing slow than h=going half throttle on something quicker.
Give it a week or so and a ton plus just looks normal until you gfeel like you could get off and run :D

I think I know what you mean, moving at the limit of the machine, no matter the speed / power.

What kicks me most is flooring it in low RPM and let it come on boost. Listening and feeling the car. Anticipation rising when I hear it spool up and then...

BAM

The feeling of it all, acceleration, handling the car, the pressure on the body and face, ever rising until the next shift that is even more aggressive, because boost by gear. And then still have the option to double down on idiocy and have nitrous or safety feature overrides. Basically the only thing the fast and furious movies got correct was that "HA-HA! so you later" moment when the machine you built has an ace up the sleeve like that.  Biggrin
I think in building a new community, we should embrace all races, inclusivity ans stuff
I was not here.
[Image: im-number1-ricky-bobby.gif]
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(12-14-2023, 06:57 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: I think in building a new community, we should embrace all races, inclusivity ans stuff

Very funny pun, could have come from myself, it's that bad.  Rolleyes
I would do rally with a Subaru, but I prefer road racing way more.

Peace
Rallye all the way! I love that shit, grew up driving like that on the old country roads!!
Plus the old time Paris - Dakar Rally was absolutely amazing! Not so much what it turned into, but the original stuff like the Porsche 953 of 1984.

Amazing!!