deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New Trend: 'Swatting'
unfortunate new trend is 'swatting'
calling 911 and reporting emergencies at addresses of people they don't like

https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-swa...ry-1855406

Quote:Federal law enforcement is facing backlash after two Republican Congress members said that their houses were "swatted" on Christmas Day.

Georgia Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene said that her house in Rome, Georgia, was swatted Monday morning while she and her family members were celebrating the holiday. New York Congressman Brandon Williams also said in a post to X, formerly Twitter, that his house in Cayuga County, New York, was swatted Monday afternoon

"Thanks to the Deputies and Troopers who contacted me before arriving," Williams wrote on X. "They left with homemade cookies and spiced nuts! Merry Christmas everyone!"

Swatting is the act of making a false report of a crime to another person's address, which prompts law enforcement to show up at the individual's home. Greene said on X that Monday marks the eighth time that her house has been targeted by swatting calls.

really stupid stuff.  freak out people just cuz u disagree with and waste time and resources of Public Safety units.
with today's technology hopefully these people can be tracked down (assuming state officials WANT to stop this).
Yeah, swatting has been going on for a while. Online gamers have used it to distrupt competitors and others have done it in an attempt to get people arrested or worse.

"Denial is a common tactic that substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning." 
Charles Tremper
don't know why I got the black lettering on the first post.

I guess the quote was dark lettering and my follow-up somehow did the same.
Swatters should lose all electronic privileges.
(12-27-2023, 01:26 PM)marshun Wrote: don't know why I got the black lettering on the first post.

I guess the quote was dark lettering and my follow-up somehow did the same.

It's a bug in the editor. should be fixed now.
[Image: colorblocksig.png]
(12-27-2023, 08:16 AM)marshun Wrote: unfortunate new trend is 'swatting'
calling 911 and reporting emergencies at addresses of people they don't like

https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-swa...ry-1855406

really stupid stuff.  freak out people just cuz u disagree with and waste time and resources of Public Safety units.
with today's technology hopefully these people can be tracked down (assuming state officials WANT to stop this).

Swatting has been around for a while. I totally agree. It's messed up. However, considering who she is, and the disgusting shit she spews from her mouth hole, I'm kinda surprised it doesn't happen to her more often.
Thumbup You said it better than me.
(12-27-2023, 03:23 PM)Rocco Wrote: Swatting has been around for a while. I totally agree. It's messed up. However, considering who she is, and the disgusting shit she spews from her mouth hole, I'm kinda surprised it doesn't happen to her more often.

So you would be more upset if this was happening to someone you agree with?   

What was it you found so disgusting?   Strong words, with little explanation.   Dont assume everyone else knows what you are talking about.  

Rumours are, she might be on the ticket with Trump.   You might try listening to some of her questions and actions in committees she is on. She isn't as stupid as the left makes her out to be. I think they fear her. I didn't take her very seriously at first, but she's learning and kinda growing on me.

She sounds more sane than AOC or other congresswomen on the left.   Wonder why they dont get swatted?
(01-07-2024, 12:30 PM)CoyoteAngels Wrote: What was it you found so disgusting?   Strong words, with little explanation.

Adrenochrome harvesting, jewish space lasers, where should I start?
(12-27-2023, 01:29 PM)loam Wrote: Swatters should lose all electronic privileges.

If they can find them, it's easy to buy a burner phone, make a call and throw it in the trash.
At most, they can find the location from where the call was made.