deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Long COVID might have 'markers'
I usually avoid the COVID pandemic topics.  Honestly, mainly because of the social engineering around the issue.  I have found that many people have emotional baggage burdening their opinion about the 'event' (which governments and agencies use as a justification for their destructive policies.)  It's no wonder, economic devastation, lifestyle upheaval, social hysteria... they can leave scars.

But in this case, I want to share an article from Medical Xpress which discusses a condition that many initially ridiculed as "make believe" or "exaggerated hype:" namely, "Long COVID." Once the initial trauma of the 'event' calmed down a bit, research regarding long COVID began but ... as one doctor was quoted in the article, "When the clinic started [2020], a lot of people didn't even believe long COVID was real..."

Now, according to research they have discovered a new commonality in Long COVID suffers...

"We have found a potential mechanism underlying long COVID which could represent a biomarker—that is, a tell-tale signature of the condition. We hope that this could help to pave the way to develop therapies and give some patients a firm diagnosis," said co-author, Dr. Benjamin Krishna, from the Cambridge Institute of Therapeutic Immunology & Infectious Disease (CITIID).

As it turns out... 

SARS-CoV-2 triggers the production of the antiviral protein IFN-γ [interferon gamma], which is associated with fatigue, muscle ache and depression. New research shows that in long COVID patients, IFN-y production persists until symptoms improve, highlighting a potential biomarker and a target for therapies.
They found that the white blood cells of individuals infected with SARS-CoV-2 produced IFN-γ, a pro inflammatory molecule, and that this persisted in long COVID patients.

Dr. Krishna said, "Interferon gamma can be used to treat viral infections such as hepatitis C but it causes symptoms including fatigue, fever, headache, aching muscles and depression. These symptoms are all too familiar to long COVID patients. For us, that was another smoking gun."

Frankly, any set of symptoms (including side-effects of drugs) that includes 'depression' scares me.  Depression has far-ranging effects on healing and well-being.  But that's just my opinion.

Why the production of this molecule persists even after the COVID infection ends is the question.  But at least they have defined the question, and maybe found a pathway towards better treatments.
What's confounded me since the beginning is how Long Covid symptoms match the symptoms of those who claim to have been vaccine injured.

A dear frien's brother was residing in a reehab facility when covid hit. Despite weekly testing, he never tested positive for covid-even after receiving the vaccine and developing symptoms similar to covid.

His health has bee severly compromised to the point he won't ever be leaving an assisted living facility. It hit his lungs really hard, and gave him heart and high blood pressure issues, along with what seems to be rapidly progressing dementia.

I guess they could do serum (?) testing to see if he ever actually had covid, but there doesn't seem to be any interest in studying such avenues.
I'm not a Domestic Engineer; I'm still feral.
(02-24-2024, 03:37 PM)Nugget Wrote: What's confounded me since the beginning is how Long Covid symptoms match the symptoms of those who claim to have been vaccine injured.

A dear frien's brother was residing in a reehab facility when covid hit. Despite weekly testing, he never tested positive for covid-even after receiving the vaccine and developing symptoms similar to covid.

His health has bee severly compromised to the point he won't ever be leaving an assisted living facility. It hit his lungs really hard, and gave him heart and high blood pressure issues, along with what seems to be rapidly progressing dementia.

I guess they could do serum (?) testing to see if he ever actually had covid, but there doesn't seem to be any interest in studying such avenues.

I wish I could console your friend's brother, and you as well. 

Unfortunately, what I have seen is a strange 'lack-of-drive' demonstrated by the medical community members, who seem content to 'obey' the charts and graphs' provided them by government and their pharma-sponsors.  Inquiry seems to be tempered strongly by a gatekeeper mentality which embraces 'official' sanction (which, by the way, has already been demonstrated to be 'questionable' in some important regards.)

Sadly, "testing" is one of those strangely entrenched topics among that community.  They live in immense denial about the tests the establishment (so to speak) 'endorses.'

Many here know personally of these 'hard-hit' cases.  And I really don't know whether the vaccine-tech implemented and mandated could have strong or weak bearing.  My suspicion is that it will be a long while before we know for certain... think Kennedy assassination disclosure 'long.'

All I can say for certain is the victims of it need our help, and must not be forgotten or categorized as an "anomaly."

My best to them and you.