deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jack Sue
Jack Sue was a great Australian and also a war hero, well there are a couple of documentaries and re-creations that use the word Hero in the title.

Quote:..Wong Sue served as a member of the commando/special reconnaissance section, Z Special Unit,[sup][4][/sup] during the Second World War 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Wong_Sue

The doccos were about his time on a boat called the Krate, wich was an asian style Junk as to be un detected, he was the only survivor. However their is more than old war stories when it comes to Jack Sue...

Quote:His published works include two books published circa 2001: a memoir of his military service, Blood on Borneo, and a collection of anecdotes regarding a 1963 shipwreck, Ghost of the Alkimos.

Ibid

The Alkimos is well known here to be haunted and there are a lot of stories about it, but one thing most of us here in WA say "If Jack Sue was afraid of that shipwreck, well I am too" even the building he lived in when he wrote it is said to be haunted and before covid there were ghost tours there.

But wait, theres more. He brought martial arts to Australia, including Kung-Fu, and his son Malcom has a few dojos carrying on the tradition.

Ghost, Kung-Fu, Special ops... I bet he was on ATS before his passing.
I was not here.
I really appreciate your Australian-themed threads and posts.  It reminds me that there is so much in common between the US and Australia - even if our cultures and geography is different.

Please don't ever stop!

Jack Sue is probably a theme behind many popular songs and shows I bet.  Am I right?
(03-19-2024, 10:59 AM)Maxmars Wrote: I really appreciate your Australian-themed threads and posts.  It reminds me that there is so much in common between the US and Australia - even if our cultures and geography is different.

Please don't ever stop!

Jack Sue is probably a theme behind many popular songs and shows I bet.  Am I right?

I dont know any songs about him but a majorly popular miniseries "The Heros" and a slightly less popular one "The Heros of the Krate" put him in the hearts and minds of many Australians.

As for the similarities between the US and AU, well our constitution drew heavily on the US experiment, while we love our Kiwi cousins here, we didnt originate under the same conditions an NZ.

I was kinda worried I post too much here so I thank you for saying dont stop.
I was not here.
(03-19-2024, 11:30 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: ...

I was kinda worried I post too much here so I thank you for saying dont stop.

You can never post "too much" here, only too little.

Be well.