deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
It's Coming.... 2024
(12-27-2023, 06:32 PM)Elevatedone Wrote: With the new year approaching, though I'd ask everyone, do you make resolutions for the new year?

I have tried in the past, never kept them. Not sure If I'll try again this year.

So, what are yours for 2024?

I almost always do a resolution, because I consider it an affirmation of my truest desires based upon the last year.  

Thus, I have resolved to be more kind to people who are frickin' irritating;  they don't know better, and it does neither of us any good to go to the wall.   

I have resolved to judge less.   I am human and I judge people, but not sure if I've earned the right to do so;  I have done a lot of bad stuff in my past, and those I have judged have probably done less.   I don't think judgement belongs to me, or really, any of us.  

I am also going to stop eating bacon.   It has simply gotten too expensive.   It's not that we can't afford it, it's just that we don't want to afford it.   My Bride and me are on the cusp of "retiring".   I put that in quotes, because it doesn't really mean much down here in the islands.   It pretty much means the point at which you stop being paid for what you do, but doesn't mean a time in which you travel and live the high life.   We both love bacon.   U.S. $15.00 for 12 oz. of bacon is too much.  If others follow suit, that means that pretty soon, there will be no bacon on the shelves, in the same way that there is no longer any Salmon.  

I am going to pray more, mostly because I think it does no harm and quite possibly some good.   

I am resolved to be in the sea more.   It has been two years since I've wet my body.   It's right there.   I can look out our front door and see it.  The sea is full of life, and energy, and when you are in it, you get to have some of it for yourself, like grounding.
(12-28-2023, 03:48 PM)Byrd Wrote: I intend to hang around to wave goodbye to 2024 on January 1, 2025.

I'll join you in that one.

I gave up resolutions twenty years ago, but I'll resolve to worry less and enjoy what is left of my life more. Beer
I'm not sure if this is a resolution so much as a necessity.
In 2024, I am planning to simplify my life.
To de-stress where I can.
Knit more.
Watch more movies.
Do or try something "new" once a month.
Smile more.

Happy New Year DI Denizens!!!
Ats2508_cheers Ats2508_cheers Ats2508_cheers
I plan to walk more, and try to socialize more.(I joined a center where you can walk, go to fitness classes, play games(SO likes the pool tables), and if you want eat lunch there.) I also want/need to lose some weight for my health reasons.
(12-30-2023, 12:01 AM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: I'm not sure if this is a resolution so much as a necessity.
In 2024, I am planning to simplify my life.
To de-stress where I can.
Knit more.
Watch more movies.
Do or try something "new" once a month.
Smile more.

Happy New Year DI Denizens!!!
Ats2508_cheers Ats2508_cheers Ats2508_cheers

I found a knitting group that meets weekly at a library about 15 miles away.  It's a good chance to socialize and pick up all sorts of gossip/info about the area.  I do needle felting, but they don't mind me stabbing while they knit and crochet.
(12-27-2023, 06:32 PM)Elevatedone Wrote: With the new year approaching, though I'd ask everyone, do you make resolutions for the new year?

I have tried in the past, never kept them. Not sure If I'll try again this year.

So, what are yours for 2024?

I Will Survive !

[img][pic]om6591d84a.gif[/pic][/img]

[Image: om6591d84a.gif]
(12-31-2023, 08:36 PM)Byrd Wrote: I found a knitting group that meets weekly at a library about 15 miles away.  It's a good chance to socialize and pick up all sorts of gossip/info about the area.  I do needle felting, but they don't mind me stabbing while they knit and crochet.

Needle felting is a new craft to me.  I looked at a few intro vids.  I think those finger pads are really important lol...I can see missing the target with those needles.