deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Is disclosure being brought to us by Netflix?
Just a quick thought regarding recent releases on Netflix that deal with first contact.  2 hit shows, "3 Body Problem" and "The Signal" both deal with first contact and society's reaction if such an event happens.

Now, maybe I'm just noticing the coincidence (there are no coincidences) based on the content I watch and what Netflix pushes to me but given the prevelance of "news" regarding UAPs, the working groups in the US Gov that deal with them and ther shift in social-stigma when it comes to discussing such subject matter, does anyone else notice the increase in content that deals with such things?
What a coincidence (for me)!   I just now started to watch 3 Body Problem this morning.   I'm only into Episode 2, but so far it doesn't feel like any semblance of disclosure, or at least not true disclosure.   More like a dramatic series that hints at EBE/UFO connections, but is short on actually showing them.   Right now, I'm paying fairly close attention, but it is seeming to be long on drama and short on interest, at least for me.

Okay, I spoke too soon.   I am toward the end of Episode 2, and the UFO/EBE interest factor has peaked and has also piqued my interest profoundly.   I will therefore withhold judgement about 'disclosure' until I have a few more episodes under my belt. Thumbup Thumbup
(03-24-2024, 01:54 PM)argentus Wrote: What a coincidence (for me)!   I just now started to watch 3 Body Problem this morning.   I'm only into Episode 2, but so far it doesn't feel like any semblance of disclosure, or at least not true disclosure.   More like a dramatic series that hints at EBE/UFO connections, but is short on actually showing them.   Right now, I'm paying fairly close attention, but it is seeming to be long on drama and short on interest, at least for me.

Okay, I spoke too soon.   I am toward the end of Episode 2, and the UFO/EBE interest factor has peaked and has also piqued my interest profoundly.   I will therefore withhold judgement about 'disclosure' until I have a few more episodes under my belt. Thumbup Thumbup

I'm 5 eps in on that, enjoying it a lot.

Maybe my use of the word "Disclosure" was a bit overkill for my intent on posting.  Maybe a better word would be "acclimation" in that an effort to get folks acclimated to the notion that life exists and we're going to find (release) proof sometime soon.
(03-24-2024, 03:01 PM)Raptured Wrote: I'm 5 eps in on that, enjoying it a lot.

Maybe my use of the word "Disclosure" was a bit overkill for my intent on posting.  Maybe a better word would be "acclimation" in that an effort to get folks acclimated to the notion that life exists and we're going to find (release) proof sometime soon.

ETA:  Acclimation is a great term, which might be seen as 'disclosure lite'.   I hope this is it, because it is long overdue, imo.   

I think you were right to use the word "disclosure".   It is a fictionalized account, however it is bringing various info to light that the mainstream Netflix folk have likely not been exposed to.    I had to take a break and not binge the series, but I am liking it profoundly.    I thank you for bringing it to our attention.   Thumbup 

ETA:  I think acclimation is an  excellent term, as it resonates to me as 'disclosure lite'.   It is long overdue.   ALL of it is long overdue.   How special would that be if all governments just told us what they know.

(03-24-2024, 07:15 PM)argentus Wrote: I think you were right to use the word "disclosure".   It is a fictionalized account, however it is bringing various info to light that the mainstream Netflix folk have likely not been exposed to.    I had to take a break and not binge the series, but I am liking it profoundly.    I thank you for bringing it to our attention.   Thumbup 

ETA:  I think acclimation is an  excellent term, as it resonates to me as 'disclosure lite'.   It is long overdue.   ALL of it is long overdue.   How special would that be if all governments just told us what they know.
(03-24-2024, 12:21 PM)Raptured Wrote: 2 hit shows, "3 Body Problem" and "The Signal" both deal with first contact and society's reaction if such an event happens.

You forgot 'Resident Alien' .. 
They put Corbels works on there years ago as well.
(04-11-2024, 06:56 PM)Veleda Wrote: ...

Resident Alien turned out to be a really good show.  It's a different take on the "stranded" alien on earth story... I only saw the first few episodes before life intruded on my binge watching, so I am woefully unaware of how it all turns out...

As it turns out the topic of alien/human interfacing has been around since very early in television and theater, and comedies are no exception.  In fact, of all the artforms the only one that doesn't seem to include the topic as a 'premise' is opera (or maybe I'm wrong on that point.)
(03-24-2024, 12:21 PM)Raptured Wrote: Just a quick thought regarding recent releases on Netflix that deal with first contact.  2 hit shows, "3 Body Problem" and "The Signal" both deal with first contact and society's reaction if such an event happens.

Now, maybe I'm just noticing the coincidence (there are no coincidences) based on the content I watch and what Netflix pushes to me but given the prevelance of "news" regarding UAPs, the working groups in the US Gov that deal with them and ther shift in social-stigma when it comes to discussing such subject matter, does anyone else notice the increase in content that deals with such things?

I was convinced Stargate was subtle disclosure for many years.

And you know, if it is a training wheels thing (slow disclosure) they must fear a specific reaction. I'm betting the aliens have a better theory of everything that undermines something many considered absolute. Like a determinism that really isn't there. Who knows why "we can't handle" that Star Trek nailed The Federation of Planets thing.

For now, I'll take an irreverent approach:

[Video: https://youtu.be/IfZbFh7qlCQ?si=pEFPNOFo1C5e9F-0]
[Image: xn661c5393.jpg]
Undecided voter
Accidentally post. Replied instead of edited.
[Image: xn661c5393.jpg]
Undecided voter
(04-12-2024, 05:12 PM)IdeomotorPrisoner Wrote: I was convinced Stargate was subtle disclosure for many years.

And you know, if it is a training wheels thing (slow disclosure) they must fear a specific reaction. I'm betting the aliens have a better theory of everything that undermines something many considered absolute. Like a determinism that really isn't there. Who knows why "we can't handle" that Star Trek nailed The Federation of Planets thing.

For now, I'll take an irreverent approach:

[Video: https://youtu.be/IfZbFh7qlCQ?si=pEFPNOFo1C5e9F-0]

Interesting that the alien chose to inhabit a male body - that could easily pass as female. Very feminine indeed. What’s your take on that?