deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Information/Misinformation/mal-information?
I think this belongs in the Propaganda Mill due to the nature of how these public HOAXes are used to both create an atmosphere that propaganda is being done, or is just blatant propaganda in the first place. This story might be a HOAX to push propaganda or it might be laying the ground works for later. I'll let you decide for yourselves. 

So, we have this issue that seems to have started in India.
Poonam Pandey death: Controversial Bollywood actor dies after cervical cancer diagnosis aged 32 | The Independent
Quote: Bollywood actor and model Poonam Pandey has died from cervical cancer at the age of 32, according to a statement shared on social media that has shocked her fans.
Her team shared a post on Pandey’s Instagram account, which has over 1.3 million followers, on Friday (2 February), which read: “This morning is a tough one for us.

“Deeply saddened to inform you that we have lost our beloved Poonam to cervical cancer. Every living form that ever came in contact with her was met with pure love and kindness.”
The news was later confirmed by Pandey’s manager Nikita Sharma, in a statement to NDTV.

Now this news about a celeberty's death is not uncommon these days but the update is,

Poonam Pandey teased fans about a ‘big, surprise news’ in recent interview: ‘I like surprising people’ | Bollywood News - The Indian Express
Quote: A day after Poonam Pandey’s official social media handle and her manager said that she had passed away, the actor shared a video on Instagram announcing that she is alive. She said, “I feel compelled to share something significant with you all – I am here, alive. Cervical Cancer didn’t claim me, but tragically, it has claimed the lives of thousands of women who stemmed from a lack of knowledge on how to tackle this.”

Poonam Pandeywhose manager has said that the actor died on Thursday, has been trending on social media since Friday.
 Meanwhile, a video of a purported recent interview has now surfaced online featuring Pandey teasing her fans about an upcoming surprise news, but without further details. In the clip, shared by Instant Bollywood, she can be seen telling the reporter, “Aapke saamne ek itna bada news aane wala hai. Mujhe bahut accha lagta hai logo ko surprise karna. Jab voh samajhte hai yeh sudhar rahe hai, tab mujhe surprise karna aur bhi accha lagta hai. Toh ek bahut hi bada news aapke saamne aane wala hai (A big news is set to arrive before you soon. I like to surprise people. When people think that I have changed, I like to surprise them even more. So, a really big news is coming your way).”

Well there we go, she was dead and this was confirmed by her people, and now she reveals that she was faking it the whole time. So here's the thoughts on this;

Was this whole thing a massive publicity stunt for the purposes of raising awareness for Cervical Cancer?

Did a person really die that was using the name Poonam Pandey, and a replacement wasn't found in time, then the replacement was found and the management team for Pandey just decided to claim that the death was a HOAX to raise awareness?

or

Was this whole stunt an attempt to create a model for mistrust between the public and the media in India?

If it was a stunt to raise awareness, then wouldn't the HOAX part of this overshadow the Cancer?

This second thought of mine seems like it could be the most possible excuse.

If the third thought is the real point, then I think we should be seeing China's CCP behind this story very soon.

No matter what the cause was behind this story, the fact that the media is rightfully covering this HOAX should be a wakeup call to people that they need to investigate the stories they read in the news. These types of stories are getting pushed through the media to either cover-up or obscure the real stories behind events taking place in the world. I remember how back in the Goerge W Bush Administration, every time there was a revealing of some mishap in the Middle-East and new "Missing/Abducted little Blond White Girl" would get blasted all over the news. Even when in Chicago a serial Killer targeting little Black Girls was happening. There is a pattern going on here.

I hope whichever the reason for this HOAX is, Poonam Pandey gets fined for this. The media should also be held accountable for not digging into these types of stories more, but I guess in this case since her management team "confirmed the death" story what else could the media really do. I dread when this starts to happen here in the US and in Europe. At least Andy is still "staying" dead. 

I know this isn't the only time this type of event has happened. For example there were a number of stories about Robert Wagner being dead and getting confirmed by his family every time new evidence popped up about his wife's death. Let's not forget John McCain III mowing his lawn a day after his death was confirmed, and those weird "toss her in the van, then perfectly fine" Hillary Clinton people we all saw. Who else clearly died only later to be reported as being alive (I don't mean Elvis, though there is a story I once heard about that)?
(02-03-2024, 05:56 PM)guyfriday Wrote: Was this whole thing a massive publicity stunt for the purposes of raising awareness for Cervical Cancer?
Did a person really die that was using the name Poonam Pandey, and a replacement wasn't found in time, then the replacement was found and the management team for Pandey just decided to claim that the death was a HOAX to raise awareness?

or
Was this whole stunt an attempt to create a model for mistrust between the public and the media in India?

If it was a stunt to raise awareness, then wouldn't the HOAX part of this overshadow the Cancer?

This second thought of mine seems like it could be the most possible excuse.

If the third thought is the real point, then I think we should be seeing China's CCP behind this story very soon.
[...]
No matter what the cause was behind this story, the fact that the media is rightfully covering this HOAX should be a wakeup call to people that they need to investigate the stories they read in the news. 

I have some vague memories of Gilda Radnor towards the end of her life.  It wasn't pretty as I recall.
Could they have kept this female cancer a secret until  Poonam Pandey "died"?  
In today's instant news, I have my doubts.
Wikipedia says it was a publicity stunt to "raise awareness of cervical cancer." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poonam_Pandey

I suspect this will wreck her career.

So...it's like those stupid aggravating memes that start with something like "I never thought I would be in this place" that imply the poster is dying or has a family member who is dying and then at the end it turns out to be a "raising awareness" message.
(02-03-2024, 06:58 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: I have some vague memories of Gilda Radnor towards the end of her life.  It wasn't pretty as I recall.
Could they have kept this female cancer a secret until  Poonam Pandey "died"?  
In today's instant news, I have my doubts.
That's the issue though, Pandey isn't dead. It was all some kind of "Cancer Awareness" stunt. It doesn't make much sense.

(02-03-2024, 08:50 PM)Byrd Wrote: Wikipedia says it was a publicity stunt to "raise awareness of cervical cancer." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poonam_Pandey

I suspect this will wreck her career.

So...it's like those stupid aggravating memes that start with something like "I never thought I would be in this place" that imply the poster is dying or has a family member who is dying and then at the end it turns out to be a "raising awareness" message.

Exactly. Who in her management staff thought this was a good idea? Somebody should be fired.

It was those reasons that I wondered if this was more than just a stunt being done for "Cancer Awareness". There are better ways that message could have been played. This kind of stunt is a career ender.

Imagine if the Beetles came out and declared that Paul really had died, then a few days later came out only to proclaim it was all to send a message, or if Taylor Swift tried this nonsense? This weird episode was just wrong on so many levels. 

From a full on conspiracy level of things, could this be a way of pushing deniability if a bunch of people really do die due to "Needle Point" reasons. They can then come out and state that the person wasn't really dead and use AI to fake the pictures. Hell, that one football player still has people questioning if its really him or not. Sorry I don't recall the name of the player.
My guess is , that this stunt was prepaid by big pharma , to boost HPV vaccine .

They signed 6 Months ago domain name ...

[Image: EByQrho.jpg]

[Image: EWoUxcK.jpg]

Really wrong and disgusting behaviour, she should get arrested .
(02-04-2024, 06:45 AM)Kenzo Wrote: My guess is , that this stunt was prepaid by big pharma , to boost HPV vaccine .

They signed 6 Months ago domain name ...

No need for big pharma to register a name and have a bad idea.

Quote:Really wrong and disgusting behaviour, she should get arrested .

She didn't make the posts saying she died, so what would be the charge? Conspiracy to post a lie on social media?
At most the social media platforms may ban her accounts, but I don't see a reason for her arrest.
PS: I'm not familiar with Indian laws.
(02-04-2024, 07:30 AM)ArMaP Wrote: No need for big pharma to register a name and have a bad idea.

She didn't make the posts saying she died, so what would be the charge? Conspiracy to post a lie on social media?
At most the social media platforms may ban her accounts, but I don't see a reason for her arrest.
PS: I'm not familiar with Indian laws.

Well there seem to be connection with this lady`s death announcement and marketing vaccine?.  What is then the other explanation?
I'm not familiar with Indian laws either .
I mean really, is women's health that ignored in that country that some have to go to extremes to bring it into the light?
"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music." Anonymous

Plato's Chariot Allegory
(02-04-2024, 09:57 AM)quintessentone Wrote: I mean really, is women's health that ignored in that country that some have to go to extremes to bring it into the light?

It probably is...
I want to believe that the starlet meant well enough.   But what is the statement purpose demonstrating taking the form of deception?  All I can say is if the vaccine folks were part of this deception, it reiterates their total divorce from honesty (unless they are giving the vaccine away for free.)

Many questions arise from the lie.... the need for the lie... and the fact that the willful liar is some kind of 'media celebrity.'   Next time... more of the same?