Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I hate reddit
Everyone there is so fkn self absorbed, I remember why I got myself booted from certain subs, people really dont like when you start a comment with "come the revolution..." we all know its bs, if there ever was a revolution it would be an inside job--like 911 shouold have taught us that. Like who takes a comment like that serously?. yet fkos are postibng shit like "well I just feeeeel like I have changed dimensions" is all ok.

Like really come the revolution we'll resurrect Arron Schwartz and set the rest of the journals free.

This has nothing to do with Reddit;s IPO, unless it happend in your previous reality.
I was not here.
I consider that community rather feral.  There seems to be almost no effort to engage in discussion, only exposition.  

It appears the principle of "we don't care to hear you, just listen" rules in some subcommunities.

... and then there's the "activism" ... the narcissist version of social halitosis.

But that slice of the virtual environs is not without pockets of some sanity... still, I don't linger there.

As far as your 'revolution' comment goes... your utterance showed spontaneity of thought... rude, how dare you?

I'm glad you're here with us BtG!
I have tried Reddit.  I can't navigate around the site.  It's user unfriendly.
Don't be a useful idiot.  Deny Ignorance.
DEI = Division, Exclusion, and Incompetence
(03-22-2024, 01:43 PM)FlyersFan Wrote: I have tried Reddit.  I can't navigate around the site.  It's user unfriendly.

I use the old interface for it, these "optimized for moblie" skins really dont work on real computers.

(03-22-2024, 11:22 AM)Maxmars Wrote: I consider that community rather feral.  There seems to be almost no effort to engage in discussion, only exposition.  

It appears the principle of "we don't care to hear you, just listen" rules in some subcommunities.

... and then there's the "activism" ... the narcissist version of social halitosis.

But that slice of the virtual environs is not without pockets of some sanity... still, I don't linger there.

As far as your 'revolution' comment goes... your utterance showed spontaneity of thought... rude, how dare you?

I'm glad you're here with us BtG!

It actually was a discussion about narcissists was full of pot-kettle-black posts that partially influenced this.

The other was a Mugabee Effect group. I went straight to ats afterward cos that shit wouldnt slide there/
I was not here.
reddit is a lot of bad, and a lot of really bad.

But like anything else there are gems.  Crafts/hobbies like knitting or photography.  Pets, subs for specific breeds.  Gardening.
Some of these gems and semi-precious gems are even well-behaved.
(03-23-2024, 10:58 PM)Nikita Wrote: reddit is a lot of bad, and a lot of really bad.

But like anything else there are gems.  Crafts/hobbies like knitting or photography.  Pets, subs for specific breeds.  Gardening.
Some of these gems and semi-precious gems are even well-behaved.

I didnt want to make this about the IPO but who ever does buy it, they have a lot of shit to wade thru.
I was not here.
I hit Reddit quite a bit but for professional purposes - discussions and questions related to my profession and find the audience fairly tame.  Another site of a similar vein, Stack Overflow, notsomuch.   So many people reply and contribute not to better the content but to "out nerd" each other or point out flaws in your postings
I'm a believer in simple solutions. If I don't like something, I don't use it. Although just the title of this thread makes me want to take a look at it, since I've not done that in years, I think. A human trait I seem to share with most others.

We humans can't seem to stay away from things we hate. We love to hate. Ain't that a kick in the ass.
Don't Worry, Be Happy   [Image: ats2508_cheers.gif]
Indian mystic Meher Baba (1894–1969)
(03-24-2024, 03:06 PM)Raptured Wrote: Stack Overflow

Ah the website to tell people how to do their job, never used it lol.

(03-24-2024, 03:48 PM)Blaine91555 Wrote: We humans can't seem to stay away from things we hate. We love to hate. Ain't that a kick in the ass.

Its not a place I have been regular in a few years, but I wanted to get to a couple of groups and it was... well.

Maybe I need to just find some new subs.
I was not here.
(03-24-2024, 03:51 PM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: Ah the website to tell people how to do their job, never used it lol.

Its not a place I have been regular in a few years, but I wanted to get to a couple of groups and it was... well.

Maybe I need to just find some new subs.

I have not looked at it in some time but looking now, I agree, there is a lot of hate there.
Don't Worry, Be Happy   [Image: ats2508_cheers.gif]
Indian mystic Meher Baba (1894–1969)