Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How To Change Your Avatar, Mini Profile Background Color, & Background Image
(04-18-2024, 11:00 PM)TSK Wrote: Should work fine. Lemme know if it doesn't.

Hi, I changed my avatar to a .GIF image and I can see it works fine if I open it as the image in my Firefox browser but it doesn't work on the site. Could be the file though so until someone else tries a .GIF avatar we may not know where the problem lies.

Don't worry too much. Cheers.

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.
(04-18-2024, 08:04 PM)Nerb Wrote: Is it or will it be possible to use a .GIF/animated file for an avatar?

I always like using them and seeing some of the cool things people come up with.

Here, I just changed mine and it works. However, I'm using the direct link to my ATS gallery. I can't use the imagur hosting as it's blocked on my work computers. In fact, I don't see a lot of people's images because of that.

Beer
(04-19-2024, 02:59 PM)Encia22 Wrote: Here, I just changed mine and it works. However, I'm using the direct link to my ATS gallery. I can't use the imagur hosting as it's blocked on my work computers. In fact, I don't see a lot of people's images because of that.

Beer

Looks good!  Maybe I'll give it a go eventually...
(04-19-2024, 04:17 PM)Maxmars Wrote: Looks good!  Maybe I'll give it a go eventually...

Thanks, Max, but it's only a temporary change to show Nerb that animated gifs can work.

I'll be reverting back to my usual Enzo Ferrari soon.

Beer
(04-19-2024, 02:46 PM)Nerb Wrote: Hi, I changed my avatar to a .GIF image and I can see it works fine if I open it as the image in my Firefox browser but it doesn't work on the site. Could be the file though so until someone else tries a .GIF avatar we may not know where the problem lies.

Don't worry too much. Cheers.

It's likely the avatar upload system. If you use the image upload link in the member menu, you should be able to paste the link into your avatar settings. Though I've had some issues with gif uploads with it. If you were to host the gif elsewhere, however, it should work.

I do have a copy of the upload system script SkepticOverlord used for ATS, but I've hit a bit of a standstill while trying to implement it. That and mobile are priority.
(04-19-2024, 02:59 PM)Encia22 Wrote: Here, I just changed mine and it works. However, I'm using the direct link to my ATS gallery. I can't use the imagur hosting as it's blocked on my work computers. In fact, I don't see a lot of people's images because of that.

Beer

That's really good to know. The imgur system was only meant to be temporary. I'm working on a more permanent solution.
(04-19-2024, 04:35 PM)Encia22 Wrote: Thanks, Max, but it's only a temporary change to show Nerb that animated gifs can work.

I'll be reverting back to my usual Enzo Ferrari soon.

Beer

Nice, but it only seems to work for backgrounds, not avatars right now.

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.
(04-19-2024, 10:34 PM)Nerb Wrote: Nice, but it only seems to work for backgrounds, not avatars right now.

Ok, now it makes sense. Perhaps host the gif somewhere else and add it as your mini profile pic, adding a transparent gif in place of your avatar.

Beer
LOL  of course I find this thread, AFTER I struggle with doing it right!   
Oh well, at least I figured it out.

Besides, I will forget by the time I want to change it again.....