on an eve stillborn
a wrong bluer than the sea
lands inside our snow
I love all the funny monkeys
Is this my first Haiku?  Puzzled Lol

I sit in the rain
Just to know I'm still alive;
​​​​​​​The rain never lies.
I'm not a Domestic Engineer; I'm still feral.
Wonderful, Nugget!   Weather always tells the truth, doesn't it?
(01-25-2024, 07:39 PM)argentus Wrote: Wonderful, Nugget!   Weather always tells the truth, doesn't it?

Thanks! Weather has always been a good reminder for me that I can't control everything, much as I would like to.
(01-26-2024, 12:43 AM)Nugget Wrote: Thanks! Weather has always been a good reminder for me that I can't control everything, much as I would like to.

Yes.   Weather is neither evil or good, but always fair, as it applies itself equally, regardless of fame, fortune or political influence.   Those with any of those variables, of course, can hide from weather's influences, but never forever.  

Easily tides flow
Seeking never any truth
Wash over us all

(01-22-2024, 07:44 PM)Spiramirabilis Wrote: on an eve stillborn
a wrong bluer than the sea
lands inside our snow

You are such a master.    I remain in awe of your works SimianGal.   Thumbup Thumbup
(01-03-2024, 09:27 PM)Nugget Wrote: You can write Haiku
So can you
You can do it now

I like this! I'm not good at haiku but do enjoy reading it. I, too hope more will contribute.
(01-27-2024, 11:21 PM)PhyloCFly Wrote:  

As said in the movie "Inglorious Basterds", 

"You know how you get to Carnegie Hall?    Practice."    

Write for yourself, if it gives you pleasure.   Share it with us if you like, but write for you.    Haiku is not a competition, it's an expression.
(01-28-2024, 02:11 PM)argentus Wrote: As said in the movie "Inglorious Basterds", 

"You know how you get to Carnegie Hall?    Practice."    

Write for yourself, if it gives you pleasure.   Share it with us if you like, but write for you.    Haiku is not a competition, it's an expression.

I have been writing poetry since I was 20 years old, after reading it's a good way to deal with what ails your soul. I must admit it has been quite helpful in taming demons, but Haiku is something I've never quite grasped. 

I'm enjoying this new challenge now. Who knows; maybe some profound revelation will appear?  Lol
I have climbed the hill
Expecting a golden crown
Slowly, I tumble down
(01-03-2024, 07:09 PM)argentus Wrote: I hope this thread becomes a place where we can all contibute our haikuish eclectica.  

Yes, those are words.   Shocked

Thanks for starting this, my humble contribution (I hope it passes:)

Haiku is music;
We should listen sagaciously,
It might sooth our hearts.

I will try again, another is forthcoming, I just need to think.

MM  Tongue