deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghost story Time -- Share your experiences
Somebody had to get the ball rolling..

One major ghost sightings I have had was back in 1994. My friends and I had aquired some beer and we sat down on a log in the park to totally not be teen drinkers.

It was just on dusk and the street lights were on but it was still pretty light.

We cracked our first beers and then saw a shadow of a person running up the street, so we hide our beers.

The jogger whos shadow it was comes into sight and we're all a bit WTF. This guy looked straight out of the 70s, including his shoes!. 1994 was peak sneaker and he was wearing what looked like Dunlop Volleys.

Then he just vanished. is shadow was still visible but he wasnt. Then the shaddow merges into the shadow of a tree and then thats gone.

We made some jokes about our beers being spikes or we were just drunk off the first sip.

That was one of my stories; So, who got next?
I was not here.
Here's my story written around when this occurred... LOL, I sent the story to In the Fray... and gave some input on this angle 

Again not big on the ghost paranormal stuff, though I've always had an open mind. 

Throughout my Dad's chemo treatment, I essentially moved in with him and Mom, as his condition worsened the last 6 months I stayed with them constantly. So once he passed I stayed with Mom so she wouldn't be alone, just till she figured out what she wanted to do. 

So it's a big house, even though they have a couple of spare bedrooms I sleep on the living room sofa downstairs. The sofa is situated where I can lie down and see out the front window off the front porch, the cars have been broken into, and once even the garage

So when I hear something I go investigate. My sofa is on the wall next to the garage where all of Dad's tools and stuff are. A couple of times early in the morning I'll hear what sounds like the rattling of the sockets in his tool chest, I'll go out and check, and nothing. Like I said I've been living here essential for 2 years and never heard noises in the garage. Again it could be a mouse or something, but I used to work for Terminex and I don't see any signs, as well his sockets are in the drawers of his tool chest closed tight. Just weird.

Then last week I got up to use the bathroom again early in the morning around 3:30. Dad's office is right across from the bathroom, and as I was walking down the hall to the bathroom I could clearly smell cigarette smoke, heavy in the air, like it used to smell when he would be on the phone talking to someone puffing on his Parliament 100s. Dad hadn't been in the house since late March months earlier, and even then he wasn't smoking. The office has been cleaned numerous times and there hasn't been anybody smoking in there. I don't smoke and neither does my Mom. I walked passed the bathroom into the office to see what the hell was going on.  Out of all the happenings this one has fewer options for a rational explanation. I mean if it is residual why is it gone the next day? Yet so heavy at 3:30 in the morning. LOL are there paranormal smells, I don't know but I'm going to look it up. If you have any input it would be greatly appreciated, We always thought if anybody could bridge that gap it would be Dad.

Thanks for listening, I know it sounds nuts, but there it is....
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
In regards to the cigarettes' smell, we could smell this pipe tobacco at this one spot in the garden of the house I grew up in. It wasnt the smell of my dads Camel, not my sisters winny blues, and deffo not the smell of my "smoke". So I genuinely believe there are "ghost smells".
I was not here.
(01-03-2024, 12:04 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: In regards to the cigarettes' smell, we could smell this pipe tobacco at this one spot in the garden of the house I grew up in. It wasnt the smell of my dads Camel, not my sisters winny blues, and deffo not the smell of my "smoke". So I genuinely believe there are "ghost smells".

LOL before we go to the paranormal realm there is this...LOL do I believe this was possible in my case? Of course anything is possible except it was well before COVID. 

Quote:https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond...q-20058131
What causes olfactory hallucinations (phantosmia)?
Answer From Jonathan Graff-Radford, M.D.
An olfactory hallucination (phantosmia) makes you detect smells that aren't really there in your environment.

The odors you notice in phantosmia are different from person to person and may be foul or pleasant. You may notice the smells in one or both nostrils. The phantom smell may seem to always be there or it may come and go.

Phantosmia may be caused by a head injury or upper respiratory infection. It can also be caused by aging, trauma, temporal lobe seizures, inflamed sinuses, brain tumors, certain medications and Parkinson's disease. Phantosmia can also result from COVID-19 infection.

Does one have a one-time stress reaction? I suppose its possible too. But there were other circumstantial evidence that my siblings and I discussed too. 

Like soon after he passed we were in the kitchen at home and my phone rings and it's Dads number and Dad's phone in on the counter. Yes Im aware that scammers will find recently deceased person and go phishing. But ny my phone rang and then the landline got a the same call and then no more. Sister was shopping right after he passed, in a store with a bunch of pots for plants with individual letters, there sat 3 in the correct 3 letter order of Dad's monogram he used quite a bit. The first weekend after he passed, we all got home and were sitting in the kitchen, and the hanging lamp lights started blinking off and on rapidly. All stuff that individually is easier to dismiss than collectively. The dreams where I can hear him talking but can't discern what he is saying, and wake up a bit discouraged. 

Regardless it all fades over time.... almost like the energy, the aura is there and then goes on to the next realm
or my noggin stops misfiring and fires correctly again.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
I dont want to minimize the pain of your loss of your dad, but I see his interactions with you and your family, thats important, not everyone as closeness with their parents, (and i extension grandparents). I think you're lucky to have the connection outside of this material world.
I was not here.
(01-03-2024, 12:08 PM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: I dont want to minimize the pain of your loss of your dad, but I see his interactions with you and your family, thats important, not everyone as closeness with their parents, (and i extension grandparents). I think you're lucky to have the connection outside of this material world.

No worries, it is what it is.

But yes I agree Im open to the possibility, and try to not ignore our instincts. The night when this occurred, I walked into his office and said Dad?

I sat in his chair and typed on his computer asking if he was there. Typed a couple of paragraphs to him, and set in his chair for almost 2 hours with no other overt signs that I noticed. 

Who knows perhaps it was just him saying Im still here, quit mourning, and get on with your life. NGL sitting there I had a calmness and peace I hadn't felt in a long time.
(01-07-2024, 02:20 AM)putnam6 Wrote: No worries, it is what it is.

But yes I agree Im open to the possibility, and try to not ignore our instincts. The night when this occurred, I walked into his office and said Dad?

I sat in his chair and typed on his computer asking if he was there. Typed a couple of paragraphs to him, and set in his chair for almost 2 hours with no other overt signs that I noticed. 

Who knows perhaps it was just him saying Im still here, quit mourning, and get on with your life. NGL sitting there I had a calmness and peace I hadn't felt in a long time.

Do you still have the chair?. I know its kinda an odd question, but a comphy chair is kinda like a hug.
I was not here.