deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DARPA Releases First Images Of Manta Ray Underwater Drone During In-Water Testing
Wonder how many USOs these are going to cause.

They are command and control platforms, and autonomous. 

Makes me think they will be motherships to release other smaller drones like the Air Force has admitted to be working on.

Stunningly beautiful. 
[Image: Manta-Ray-UUV-in-water-testing.jpg]
Aviationist

Quote:As we have already reported here, on April 8, 2024, Northrop Grumman Corporation unveiled the first image online of a full-scale prototype of the Manta Ray, an innovative uncrewed underwater vehicle (UUV). Described as a new class of UUV, the Manta Ray is an extra-large glider designed to undertake extended-duration, long-range, and payload-capable undersea missions independently, without requiring on-site human logistics.

[Image: Manta-Ray-UUV-in-water-testing-2-scaled.jpg]

[Image: Manta-Ray-UUV-in-water-testing-3.jpg]
These could wreak havoc dropped off by a submarine hell they could probably be delivered by air into international waters and then hit ports and targets within thier range. Not to mention if one was nuclear armed.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
Imagine what they're not showing us?

Looks cool though. I wonder if it will attract real manta rays or be attacked by sharks.

I want one!

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.
Looks like a giant sunfish who bask at surface between deep dives to regulate their body temperature.

Link to picture as it won’t imbed.

seen some big bites out of these fish so I would think this will get similar bites.