deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One explanation of where we are with COVID origin theories
I am not sure how much to accept the author's article regarding the latest take of the "COVID origin theory"...

But I think I'll leave the judgment up to you...

From Neuroamer.com:  Latest on Covid Origins 14feb24.

A recent FOIA request by Right To Know’s Emily Kopp yielded new information about Project Defuse, a DARPA grant proposal from 2018 to study bat-borne Coronaviruses that included Wuhan Institute of Virology researcher Shi Zhengli.

The newly released documents, show collaborators’ internal notes on drafts of the grant proposal, which yielded two small revelations...

Of course, these revelations are extracted from a proposal submitted for a grant... which only serves to offer insight into the ultimate outcome.

• The grant proposal tried to downplay the involvement of the Chinese collaborators doing bioengineering work, because the scientists thought DARPA would be less likely to fund the project if they thought that work was occurring in China...
  • The language originally listed work that could be performed at BSL-2 to save money compared to other viral models.

The debate into Covid origins online has been poisoned by tribalism and conspiracy theorists, and I was hoping this debate would be a forum, where debaters could actually present and discuss the best arguments for Covid’s most likely origin.

I was sort of impressed by the treatment of the subject.  I think if you are still focusing on the developments in this regard, it is well worth the read.