deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Columbia University has fallen
First of all, let me say these are not protests. These are criminal actions intentionally executed to deny rights to others. That's the dividing line for me: when a "protest" begins to deny rights to others, it is no longer a protest. That includes denial of access, physical attacks, destruction of property, etc.

But this is even more troubling in a way to me, understanding what the goals of the various players are.

(04-23-2024, 10:32 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Hard to tell, im not sure this is completely organic, somebody internationally is funding this, along with who knows who contributes to the university

There's the rub: when something works too perfectly, when all the various actions all seem to collate to a single point despite being otherwise seemingly unrelated, that's when my spidey sense goes off. And right now it's ringing like a thousand church bells on Easter Sunday morning. Something quite sinister is afoot.

I know no one wants to hear this anymore, but I keep coming back to it considering issue after issue. I know my timing sucks, but the truth is, I have no timeline... never did. Watch Romania; stay out of Minnesota. The fire comes closer.

TheRedneck
(04-24-2024, 02:02 AM)TheRedneck Wrote: First of all, let me say these are not protests. These are criminal actions intentionally executed to deny rights to others. That's the dividing line for me: when a "protest" begins to deny rights to others, it is no longer a protest. That includes denial of access, physical attacks, destruction of property, etc.

But this is even more troubling in a way to me, understanding what the goals of the various players are.

There's the rub: when something works too perfectly, when all the various actions all seem to collate to a single point despite being otherwise seemingly unrelated, that's when my spidey sense goes off. And right now it's ringing like a thousand church bells on Easter Sunday morning. Something quite sinister is afoot.

I know no one wants to hear this anymore, but I keep coming back to it considering issue after issue. I know my timing sucks, but the truth is, I have no timeline... never did. Watch Romania; stay out of Minnesota. The fire comes closer.

TheRedneck

You speak as if the future is already decided, I don't believe that yet..
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(04-22-2024, 01:37 AM)putnam6 Wrote: "I will say that this whole Hamas thing is out of hand. Not just at the Universities but everywhere"

Yes, thus the thread....

I saw mentioned elsewhere, imagine this occurring in NYC circa 9/11/01, instead it continues unabated. 22 years later, here we are... and yes I mentioned who's funding this crap. Saw a video of an actual class where people were being told what to chant in Arabic. 

Firstly, the video should be confirmed... too many people take for granted any video posted with an explanation but don't actually check to see if the video really IS from that location or time.

Second -- no offense meant here but you apparently weren't around in the 1960's.  These protests are pretty mild compared to the ones against the Vietnam War.  College students have ALWAYS tended to protest wars (yes, even WWII and WWI), so when your favorite news sources start yowling about out of control universities, take a deep breath and go read about the sixties.

Third, there's no "good guys" in this conflict, except perhaps the poor children that are dying from military action and from starvation and disease.  That's something that should outrage all of us.
I wish this were truly only a "Colombia" university thing... it is not.

This kind of "protest activity" is not spontaneously organic.  Mobilizing that many people, coordinating 'sloganeering,' logistic support... this all requires planning... and leadership... but lo and behold... no "protest" leaders are surfacing in the media... imagine that?

Clearly this is 'civic action' of a supernatural order... all these people know exactly where to go, what to do, what to say... spontaneously...  I think not.

Money is behind this.  And because of our media apparatus, money is in the middle of it... believe me there are some people in media who are just aching for a death to come to pass... "If it bleeds it leads..." "the show must go on." etc.

Who is hiding in the crowd (metaphorically speaking?)  I have heard many allegations of super wealthy... but how does it serve them, why? 

This is the evil side of activism rearing it's head....

If we said to the collective of the protesters, "Take me to your leader." to whom would we be taken?
The protestors are very similar to the Holocaust Deniers as they don't believe that Hamas did what it did.

I believe that right now we are experiencing something very similar to how the German people were fooled into following Hitler and his beliefs.

I grew up around people who had been through WW2 and Korea and know what is true. I've even spent a few evenings with a former German lady who moved to the US out of love for the US. During WW2 her German father was conscripted into a unit that went to the Russian Front. She was forced to be a servant for an SS officer and a sex slave.  She was not Jewish, she was German. She told me how they threw a parade for the US troops that "liberated the Germans" (her words). She said the women made US flags and flew them when the Allied troops came through their village.

The kids now are not learning real history or even real contemporary history. They don't question the lies the Antisemite agitators tell them.

This is the first time I have felt like the real WW3 is just around the corner. What's happening at the universities now is part of the process. Perhaps its genetic and natures was of thinning the herd. Sad

(04-24-2024, 12:42 PM)Maxmars Wrote: If we said to the collective of the protesters, "Take me to your leader." to whom would we be taken?

That is a great question.

It's not new. I'm reminded of the Weathermen (Weather Underground). I was starting to be active in the Peace Movement and sit-ins when they started showing up. I, along with most others walked away as the violent haters tried to take over, using those of us protesting for peace. We wanted peace. They wanted hate.

(04-24-2024, 02:02 AM)TheRedneck Wrote: First of all, let me say these are not protests. These are criminal actions intentionally executed to deny rights to others. That's the dividing line for me: when a "protest" begins to deny rights to others, it is no longer a protest. That includes denial of access, physical attacks, destruction of property, etc.

TheRedneck

Agreed. Sadly the universities are in on it. I hate to use his name, but this is the end game and intent of Bill Ayer's and his type who have taken over our schools.

(04-24-2024, 11:57 AM)Byrd Wrote: Second -- no offense meant here but you apparently weren't around in the 1960's.  These protests are pretty mild compared to the ones against the Vietnam War. 

I don't know. I think we are approaching a Kent State moment. I honestly think that the Weathermen are in the mix. New names, new members, but the same.

I found a link to this article on Bill Ayers's biography site.
On Events at Columbia University
Quote:As a Columbia alum (College ’69), participant in that university’s 1968 student rebellion, advocate for academic freedom and free expression rights, and as a Jew, I have followed developments at Columbia over the past few days with great interest.  On Wednesday came the appearance by the co-chairs of the university’s Board of Trustees alongside Columbia’s president at the House Education and Labor Committee’s latest sham “hearing” on allegations of antisemitism on campus, a “set up from the get-go” where, as AAUP President Irene Mulvey puts it in her excellent statement issued today, both academic freedom and the faculty were thrown “under the bus.”  Then yesterday, in a chilling echo of 1968, Columbia called in the NYPD to arrest more than a hundred protesting students at a “Gaza Solidarity Encampment.”

The above is worth a read. History repeats and not in a good way. Hate is still the tool of choice for that bunch.
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
- Benjamin Franklin -

(04-24-2024, 11:57 AM)Byrd Wrote: Firstly, the video should be confirmed... too many people take for granted any video posted with an explanation but don't actually check to see if the video really IS from that location or time.

Second -- no offense meant here but you apparently weren't around in the 1960's.  These protests are pretty mild compared to the ones against the Vietnam War.  College students have ALWAYS tended to protest wars (yes, even WWII and WWI), so when your favorite news sources start yowling about out of control universities, take a deep breath and go read about the sixties.

Third, there's no "good guys" in this conflict, except perhaps the poor children that are dying from military action and from starvation and disease.  That's something that should outrage all of us.

You are so dismissive its kind of irritating no offense, honestly. LOL been following the news for decades now, I know you check your sources Definitely a Russ Kick disciple 

I'll see if I can find the video It was from a few days ago, Ill post and see if it meets your stringent criteria as fact.

here's a link that backs up they are training people, just doesn't seem to be the MLK or Gandhi approach to activism

https://www.activistgraduateschool.org/

College students aren't protesting Sudan right now it has so much more destruction, death over 6 million people displaced. Crickets why is that.

Im 59 years old and had older brothers and sisters we were very aware of the Vietnam protests. Kent State etc. We watched the TODAY SHOW on NBC got to see all the protests and the videos of our POW's eating gruelishly thin soup with fish eyes.

Those protests weren't just fueled by the war in Vietnam though and portraying them as such is simplistic. There were broader issues meshed with the war Civil Rights, the assassinations of MLK, RFK, Malcolm X, the hippy counterculture etc. 

Secondly, those protests achieved what exactly? Nixon's downfall maybe , they didn't end the war and they won't end this one.

The racist bigoted antisemite angle wasn't exactly present in the 60s and 70s, was it?

Im fine with organic homegrown protesting, don't even care if they are semi-organized from domestic sources. This is another level and it's dangerous AF for a lot of reasons. Apparently, you don't see that

https://x.com/MOSSADil/status/1783168159450530014
[Image: x9SyP4Rm_normal.jpg]
Mossad Commentary

This is what have been going around the campuses and in New York. Do parents know what vile their kids are being fed?

[Image: GL8V_bNXUAAwMdI?format=jpg&name=small]

Quote:https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/ut-austi...us-sit-in/

The university sent a letter to the organizers Tuesday night telling them to cancel the event.
Quote:The University of Texas at Austin must first and foremost act to protect our educational mission, allowing the activities and operations that support our mission to proceed. At the same time, we are steadfast in our support of free speech. Our policies and rules help define the lines between these objectives and shape our response to planned protests.
The Palestine Solidarity Committee student organization’s event “Popular University for Gaza,” which is planned for tomorrow, has declared intent to violate our policies and rules, and disrupt our campus operations. Such disruptions are never allowed and are especially damaging while our students prepare for the end of the semester and final exams. For these reasons, this event may not proceed as planned.
Simply put the University of Texas at Austin will not allow this campus to be “taken” and protesters to derail our mission in ways that groups affiliated with your national organizations have accomplished elsewhere.
Please be advised that you are not permitted to hold your event on the University campus. Any attempt to do so will subject your organization and its attending members to discipline including suspension under the Institutional Rules. Individuals not affiliated with the University and attempting to attend this event will be directed to leave campus. Refusal to comply may result in arrest.
OFFICE OF THE DEAN OF STUDENTS

Money talks our universities have sold out....

[Image: GL7mUfHXUAAYEBl?format=jpg&name=small]
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(04-24-2024, 11:57 AM)Byrd Wrote: Firstly, the video should be confirmed... too many people take for granted any video posted with an explanation but don't actually check to see if the video really IS from that location or time.

Hanoi Byrd?

lol
like I said earlier notice how the nice organic protest has to remove those who don't go to Columbia University ie this isn't an normal run of the mill "college students" protesting.

[Image: GL9P3QhXYAAWWPw?format=png&name=900x900]

So here is the WSJ's take...

https://archive.is/2024.04.25-012845/htt...0-6337.191
Quote:Major terror organizations have expressed support for these protests and disruptive actions, which have long been a key part of Hamas’s plan to win hearts and minds in the West. As early as a decade ago, during the July-August 2014 Israel-Gaza war, Hamas’s Interior Ministry issued guidelines to social-media activists on framing events for a Western audience.
It is no coincidence that official statements by Hamas and major jihadist groups about the protests are nearly identical. The statements seem like talking points for pressuring U.S. and Western decision makers. They appear to be working. On April 4 President Biden, under massive pressure for supporting Israel, warned Israel of major changes to U.S. policy if it didn’t ease its military campaign in Gaza. Hamas seized on the U.S.-Israel dispute with a statement calling on “all free people of the world” to protest.
A blatant example of jihadist talking points came from Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on March 13, when he lauded the political activity of American Muslims in Michigan as “very influential.” He said of the “many people demonstrating in America” that “we should salute them” and called the “uncommitted” primary campaign against Mr. Biden, which originated in Dearborn, Mich., “the most important means of pressure on the Biden administration.” Mr. Nasrallah had already cited the effect of protests “in Washington, New York, London, Paris and Western Europe” in a Nov. 11 speech, lauding their power to “apply pressure on their governments.”
Every senior Hamas leader has also acknowledged the importance of the protests and said that influencing U.S. and Western policy is part of the organization’s strategy for destroying Israel. 
(04-24-2024, 11:45 AM)putnam6 Wrote: You speak as if the future is already decided, I don't believe that yet..

The details may be fluid, and the timeline may be unspecified, but the events are all lining up far too perfectly to be happenstance.

We are on a course. It can perhaps be slowed or accelerated, and perhaps the names are not yet sure, but we will get to the destination.

TheRedneck

Firstly, agreed... but there's an awful lot of these kinds of videos floating around of late. Do you suggest they are all fake?

Secondly, the actions of those protestors in the Vietnam era were beyond despicable. I wouldn't exactly use that example to justify future actions.

Third, there's never "good guys" in war, neither are there winners in war. There can be justified actions, however, and one side may indeed be the primary aggressor. Just like one side will usually lose less than the other when all is said and done. That's what makes war a thing to be avoided. Attempts to justify unjust actions only prolongs war, because no war can continue without public support (or at least public complacency).

In the Israeli/Palestinian struggle, neither side can claim outright innocence. Both have continued the conflict, and both have committed acts of war. But in this present engagement, Hamas is definitely the initial aggressor. There can be no honest dispute about that.

TheRedneck
From Rachel Feldman twitter . @RaychFeldman

Quote:On October 5, 2023,
@ColumbiaStudents for Justice in Palestine announced they’d been reinstated. Is it related to the global actions launched on October 7? Is it a coincidence? Discuss.
[Image: dFMp5CD.jpeg]
Quote: 
Four days later (October 9) the group had collected more than 1,000 signatures on a letter declaring October 7 a “counter-offensive against [a] settler-colonialist oppressor.”
[Image: lqg05pZ.jpeg]

Quote:Five days later (October 10) the group encouraged people to join a protest, but instructed them to only use signs that would be provided at the event — by an unnamed source. Who is funding @Columbia SJP?

[Image: cpMAMui.jpeg]

They got things launched 2 days before October 7 Hamas terror onslaught . Who ever is funding it might knew that in few days hamas will launch terrorist attack in Israel.