deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CDC changes COVID isolation guidelines
In its first update since 2021, the CDC now has rescinded its former guidance which informed that five days of isolation after a "positive" test result is no longer necessary.

The new guidance tells people to stay home if they are sick, but when they are feeling better and have been fever-free for 24 hours, they can return to school or work.

Prior to Friday’s update, the CDC called for people who test positive for the virus to "stay home for at least five days and isolate from others in your home," a recommendation that was implemented in late 2021.

At the start of the pandemic, the agency had recommended a 10-day isolation period for people who tested positive for the virus.

So, in other words, ... treat it like the flu... which magically was eradicated during the COVID epidemic.

Needless to say, the article goes on to recommend vaccination, as a means to "lessen the severity" of the illness.  

Source Fox News:  CDC drops its 5-day COVID isolation guidelines
(03-01-2024, 05:08 PM)Maxmars Wrote: the article goes on to recommend vaccination, as a means to "lessen the severity" of the illness.  

I don't believe anything they say or claim.  
Vaccinations are useless.
Everyone I know who had COVID was also vaccinated.
And masks do not stop the virus from getting out and about.
Now they change the isolation guidance again?
Started out with 2 weeks isolation.  Then went to 5 days. 
Now it's 'when you feel better'.
They are all just guessing.
Don't be a useful idiot.  Deny Ignorance.
DEI = Division, Exclusion, and Incompetence
(03-02-2024, 07:13 AM)FlyersFan Wrote: I don't believe anything they say or claim.  
Vaccinations are useless.
Everyone I know who had COVID was also vaccinated.
And masks do not stop the virus from getting out and about.
Now they change the isolation guidance again?
Started out with 2 weeks isolation.  Then went to 5 days. 
Now it's 'when you feel better'.
They are all just guessing.

Therein lies our problem.  Certainly not everything they say is untrue. 

But they have hamstrung their believability by the very nature of their actions.  So now we are left without any source that can be shown to be consistently clinical, and devoid of social engineering and political wrangling.  It destroyed their credibility and demonstrated their malleable dedication to science, preferring 'social' consideration over fact. 

"Consensus" became more important than "fact," and that is a problem when it is "informed" by the most "powerful" person in the room.

I'm not so naive as to think that science is sacrosanct... but the zeal with which the social engineering and obfuscation of fact was undertaken leads me to now consider any statements they make with a certain suspicion and even some disdain.

Like you, I have never yet met someone who got the vaccine and didn't get the virus.  I'm suppose they are out there....
New thread, not new thread?  I can't imagine this being "unrelated" enough to merit its' own thread, but it seems a new "activism" element has entered the debate...

From: Fox News - Protest of CDC’s new COVID guidance planned for this month in Washington, DC: ‘Urgent need’
Subtitled: Organizers call for 10-day isolation and two negative tests before ending isolation

A community of "long COVID" patients and activists are planning a march in Washington, D.C., to protest a recent announcement from the CDC.

On March 1, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) officially dropped its recommendation for people to isolate for five days after a positive COVID test.

The agency’s new guidance tells people to stay home if they are sick — but when they're feeling better and have been fever-free for 24 hours, they can return to school or work.

I was wondering if this protest will feature masked people.  Will they all be triple+-vaxxed?  Or will the CDC declare that such protests are hazardous and should be banned?

(FOX hid the rest of the article for me, so let me know if I missed anything)
(03-04-2024, 04:06 PM)Maxmars Wrote: New thread, not new thread?  I can't imagine this being "unrelated" enough to merit its' own thread, but it seems a new "activism" element has entered the debate...

From: Fox News - Protest of CDC’s new COVID guidance planned for this month in Washington, DC: ‘Urgent need’
Subtitled: Organizers call for 10-day isolation and two negative tests before ending isolation

A community of "long COVID" patients and activists are planning a march in Washington, D.C., to protest a recent announcement from the CDC.

On March 1, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) officially dropped its recommendation for people to isolate for five days after a positive COVID test.

The agency’s new guidance tells people to stay home if they are sick — but when they're feeling better and have been fever-free for 24 hours, they can return to school or work.

I was wondering if this protest will feature masked people.  Will they all be triple+-vaxxed?  Or will the CDC declare that such protests are hazardous and should be banned?

(FOX hid the rest of the article for me, so let me know if I missed anything)

Maybe they should start cooking in cast-iron or take supplements...

Scientists may have finally found the cause of long Covid: Low iron levels after infection 'might be trigger of poorly-understood illness'