deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New World Order Pizza
I was invited here from the other place so a shout out to those members. Since 2017 I have returned to the grill making pizza every friday as we live in South carolina and sorry, other than everything is either sweet or bland the pizza is so so. 

I attached a link of a picture of one. 

In brief I have our "family" old world 200+ year old recipie from the old country. Specifically the sauce from scratch with real tomatoes. This is my "cheaters" sauce version which is almost the same. 

[1] Buy a 28 oz jar of RAGU original or old world sauce and put into a pot. Add the following spices:

[3] Tablespoons of Badia garlic, [1] Extra Virgin Olive Oil, [1] Sugar

[1] Teaspoon of Badia Black Pepper, [1] Oregano

[1/2] Teaspoon of Badia or McCormic Marjoram, Basil, Parsley

[2] Pieces of each; Bay Leaf, All Spice

[15] Thin sliced pieces of Pepperoni. Boars Head or equivalent. This is the dark red small diameter Pepperoni

Put all in the pot and put on low heat with lid. Stir as required for 40 minutes. You will smell the aroma. When done leave the pepperoni in and remove the Bay Leaves and All Spice. Put the lid on so to keep warm.  

For dough I also cheat in that we are buying pre made dough already rolled from Publix for $3.99. This isnt the dough ball as the pre rolled is better. So flatten it out and roll it to a 16" large pizza. Let it sit for 4 to 6 hours so it will rise. Then get a can a Crisco spread. With a napkin grease the pan. Then place the dough on it and spread the sauce. Then add the cheese and other toppings as follows:[/url]

Mozzarrella Cheese. We use only the following [1] pound each of either Tillamook shredded, Sargento (whole milk) shredded or a brick of Galbani (whole milk) sliced. 

Mushrooms or Onions: Slice and pre cook all in olive oil in a separate pan to remove all water. Dont carmalize as you will lose the flavor. Then spread on top of the mozzarella. 

On the grill. We use an all nartural outdoor gas grill that gets between 500 - 600 degress faranheit. Do not put direct onto the grill grates. Put two bricks on top of the grates and put the pizza pan on top of the bricks so the pan is above the grates by 3". Cook for 11 minutes. Begin watching at 10 minutes as you may need to rotate the pizza. 

In the Conventional Oven. Pre heat to 500 degrees. Place pan in oven for twelve minutes. The hose will smell like a pizza joint. 

Wonderful, no bugs

[url=Pizza by Waterglassnapkin grease the pizza pan, lay the dough on it and put the sauce on.]Pizza