deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Are there any decent news sites anymore?
thanks for all the info
I like Reuters for world news
I'm on Google news everyday for basic stuff.  very biased though.
Financial ones usually do pretty well. WSJ, Forbes, Fortune. 

MSM - I like Axios, Newsweek, The Hill, CSM, Reuters, BBC

No go for me:

R - Fox News, Newsmax, Breitbart, Daily Mail, 
D - CNN, NPR, HuffPost, MSNBC, Slate,

The ones I like most tell me what to think least.
[Image: xn661c5393.jpg]
Undecided voter
Twitter, ats, here. 

Best sources for news.
Awesome info everyone. Checking out what was posted so far much better than having ideas shoved down my throat on the basic "big news" sites. Thank you everyone
I like to see multiple sides of issues. I generally start out the day with CNN and Fox News to get both sides of that days "cough" news. Then I move on to randomly reading things I find interesting from multiple points of view.

I think it's a bad idea to limit my reading to only things I agree with.

I had a mentor when I was young who liked to answer questions with "how many sides does a coin have?". Of course the knee-jerk is to say two, but if you look at a coin it has many facets and many sides, all of which are integral to the coin.
Ground News has become one of my gotos, has a good synopsis and links to other sources both left and right for further reading 

the only downside if can be a little behind, like today we have Iran blaming Israel before ISIS took credit. Even though Iran is still blaming Israel and the US

Ground News
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(01-04-2024, 06:02 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Iran blaming Israel before ISIS took credit. Even though Iran is still blaming Israel and the US

Which is not necessarily a contradiction.

Quote:How The West Created The Islamic State

A deep analysis of the roots of Islamic State, created and founded by US, Arab regimes and Israel to counter the Iranian influence in the region and the tools that today it can use to grow, writes Nafeez Ahmed. [/url]
[url=https://nena-news.it/west-created-islamic-state/]

The article is from 2014 and I don't know if it is true. All I'm saying is a whole number of things seem to make a lot more sense if viewed through this lense.
(01-05-2024, 03:11 AM)MBSC Wrote: Which is not necessarily a contradiction.

[url=https://nena-news.it/west-created-islamic-state/][/url]

The article is from 2014 and I don't know if it is true. All I'm saying is a whole number of things seem to make a lot more sense if viewed through this lense.

Its funny I used to read any links offered in the threads I read without any research, but now if I got the time I research the source and the author. Sign or the times, He is an accomplished author LOL I like he is older than 40. 

The NENA agency became defunct in MAY 2021?, but I did find it interesting it was headquartered in Rome, where Mussolini got started as the editor of an opposition newspaper IIRC. Which has no bearing on the quality of this article or source.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
(01-02-2024, 03:33 PM)boredhere74 Wrote: Just curious what everyone is using now. Fox news is just a want to be tmz now, and I cant handle all the woke crap on cnn. So is there any that ust have news, more or less no slant to it?

No, news died a long time ago, its all just marketing these days sadly, Press Releases and closed discussions.
I was not here.
Personally I look for stories using many sources but typically end up on youtube watching independent commentary to get a fuller picture. As with any outlet for news you only get a decent picture of you read from both sides then use some critical thinking and a small bit of research yourself...but I do enjoy a good independent and accurate video about things that interest me.