deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
6 New Countries Invited to Join the Brics
(02-11-2024, 12:15 PM)ArMaP Wrote: What would the name of that currency be, the Bric? Tongue
I'm pretty sure it would be the Yuan.  BRICS will be dominated by it's strongest member, China.
(02-05-2024, 01:42 AM)guyfriday Wrote: All this "Economic Nations" issue would be meaningless if every country just switched to the gold standard for their currency. 

Canning the UN would also be a great idea. This whole "League of Nations" trash was never a good idea.

UN is the right idea but poor execution.

I highly doubt that the dollar gets replaced.

Oil is very important but other things are also important. The US has its problems right now but the stability of the US, broadly, is unmatched.

A thinking nation won’t put their reserves in the currency of a centrally planned government or a provocative nation like Russia.

Also let’s not forget we use a lot less oil/$GDP now than we did in the past - ans that trend will continue - which will harm the oil producing nations.

Dollar is likely here to stay for the time being.
(04-30-2024, 11:33 PM)VulcanWerks Wrote: UN is the right idea but poor execution.

I highly doubt that the dollar gets replaced.

Oil is very important but other things are also important. The US has its problems right now but the stability of the US, broadly, is unmatched.

A thinking nation won’t put their reserves in the currency of a centrally planned government or a provocative nation like Russia.

Also let’s not forget we use a lot less oil/$GDP now than we did in the past - ans that trend will continue - which will harm the oil producing nations.

Dollar is likely here to stay for the time being.

The dollar doesn't have to go anywhere, it just needs to be back by the gold standard instead of the "fair-market" that is used today.
(02-05-2024, 01:10 AM)lostbook Wrote: Hello, Let's Deny Ignorance.

It appears that 6 more countries have been invited to join the BRICS; BRICS is an acronym which stands for Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.

It could be game over for West as the leading World power.  

safe to say it’s already over for the West
When they make movies about US civil wars, that means something, exactly what?
just a corpse in the early stages of decay

As an Australian, we should head over to BRICS but, we won’t, to our detriment
As for BRICS, they will probably fail as well
(04-30-2024, 10:00 PM)LogicalGraffiti Wrote: I'm pretty sure it would be the Yuan.  BRICS will be dominated by it's strongest member, China.

The European Union's currency is not the Mark, although Germany was the strongest member at the time.

Creating a new currency with a new name is the logical decision. It all depends on what the countries decide.
I am not especially knowledgeable about the nuances and intricacies of BRICS.   But it seems to me that the entire affair is not really the economic union everyone tells me it is.

Maybe someone here can tell me why this isn't actually a geopolitical alliance, as it appears to me?

BRICS members appear to operate on a geologic-scale timeline.  (Not saying this is a bad thing for their objectives, only bad for media coverage.)  It took ten years of meeting (which means ten meetings) to wrangle objectives for a banking paradigm. And while they have been negotiating a "gold standard" currency for all that time, little has actually been established.

The larger powers are all like "Poop or get off the pot!" and the smaller are impatiently waiting for a proven alternative to continuing the systemic paradigms that feed the superpowers.  I always felt it was not ideal to allow countries like China and Russia into the BRICS game... they will only use BRICS as a tool in their perpetual ploys to confound their geopolitical adversaries.  If BRICS and its participants get hurt, it's no loss to them.
(05-01-2024, 07:18 AM)ArMaP Wrote: The European Union's currency is not the Mark, although Germany was the strongest member at the time.

Creating a new currency with a new name is the logical decision. It all depends on what the countries decide.
BRICS is not the EU.  There's little or no cultural connection between BRICS nations like the those of the European continent.  China would not play unless they are in full control.  They don't strike me as the go along type.
(05-01-2024, 01:24 PM)LogicalGraffiti Wrote: BRICS is not the EU.  There's little or no cultural connection between BRICS nations like the those of the European continent.
True.

Quote:China would not play unless they are in full control.
The other countries may not allow that, we are not talking about countries controlled by or highly dependent on China, although Russia now is probably more dependent than they wanted.

Quote:They don't strike me as the go along type.
If it suits their long term needs I suppose they will do it.