Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
10:53pm Perth time
On the evenig of Tuesday the 11th of September 2001, I was watching a tv show called Florigen Correspondent", waiting for the next show, "Lock Stock" to start.

Lock Stock started and the first scene was some dudes gunning a parked old Jag (ok it could have been a Bentley) with sub-machine guns. Then the sceen changes.

Its a vista of New York skyline, and the person operating the camera was using a tripod because it was panning to have the towers in shot.

It wasnt broadcast quality footage, I was doing a media degree at the time so I'm wondering why the quality dropped, and also thinking this is a live cross to NY because Aussie Leighton Hewitt won the US open a couple of days prior, and they had an interview lined up.

Then the first plane hit.

I've been told for 20 odd years that I never saw the first plane, because there are only two clips of it. Both those clips were from Manhattan, not from over the river, and both those clips were better quality than this filming from over the river, compare single CCD to 3 CCD cameras of the time.

I have found a couple of others who remember this being screened on ABC, but every time it has been posted online, we get told we;re making it up.

If anyone saw the first plane hit on TV, chime in..
I was not here.